Mississauga 1535 Dundas Street East | ?m | 55s | Terracap Management | Gensler

drum118

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
There is talk that the existing vacant GM dealership land is going to become a condo tower.

The building is been fix up from the last time I saw it, even though there is a for sale sign up.

Talking to the ward councilor a few weeks ago, he said a few developers have approached him about building condos in the Dundas and Dixie area.

This site is almost across the street of the new Walmart and strip mall, as well the Dixie GO Station.

This area has been a blight area for as long as I have live in Mississauga and could house 100-200,000 residents and employment jobs.

isnt that area zoned for commercial purposes? i do not see a condominium being built there... it is just not right. this area is primarly used for stores, malls...

MOD's The site is call Galleria Centre, a Condo retail block starting at $105,300.

The sale office is still there only by appointment, with the main operation operating out of Markham.

Website is galleriacentre.com

Developer: Quaestus, Turner Fleischer Architects Inc., 2 storey building mall.

It looks nice, but the street scape is out of place for the area.

Hard to say if Harvey's is part of this development and it should be.

Considering only half of the complex is built across the street and have yet to see a planning application for this site, years off for this project if at all.

Given the Dixie station is supposed to be mobility hub, a lot of miss opportune to create a mix development in this area that includes residential on top of commercial use so far. Strip mall are so 70's and traffic generator.

Last edited:
http://www.galleriacentre.com
A magnificent vision of shopping and lifestyle takes wing in Mississauga, a vibrant and upscale new destination inspired by some of the world's glitziest, high-end luxury malls. Welcome to the Galleria Centre, a fresh, invigorating and radiant canvas of upmarket shopping experiences, gourmet dining, fabulous banquet and performance venue. It's an unparalleled new vision of style, comfort and convenience at Dixie and Dundas.

Sophisticated and elegant, the Galleria Centre is inspired by internationally renowned destinations in Europe and Asia. It combines brands and quality with a stunning and sensual experience. An eye-catching exterior facade sets the tone for a refined interior colour and design palette. As the main anchor, Galleria Supermarket, a name synonymous with a superior shopping experience, sets the tone for quality and value. Modern amenities such as Wi-Fi and a dedicated state-of-the-art performance stage and event space to attract audience from all ages. Galleria Centre, an international flair of glamour and style.

[video]http://www.galleriacentre.com/video.htm[/video]

Google maps
https://www.google.ca/maps/@43.611823,-79.581021,3a,75y,14.57h,85.31t/data=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1sZ7xIpxGi7BiM2rRvMJCPkA!2e0

extracted by GIL
building.jpg

Galleria-Ctr-rendering.JPG

parkingbg.jpg

loungebg.jpg

Galleria Supermarket is a local Korean mini-chain with supermarkets on York Mills Road west of Don Mills and on Yonge north of Steeles. I've never been in one, but they get 4 stars on Yelp, so maybe their claim that Galleria is "a name synonymous with a superior shopping experience" is reasonable.

Didn't know if it required a thread of its own as it is a planned mall but I'll post it here and let the moderators decide if it should be moved.

The planned Galleria Mall development near Dundas and Dixie is planning to partially finance through crowd funding: Article can be found here

I had previously heard that the cleanup costs for the site were much higher than originally anticipated and, combined with difficulty in finding enough advance tenants beyond Galleria Supermarket, this was making it hard to obtain sufficient financing. The article above might lend some credence to this rumour.

This project received permits a few months ago. Does anyone know why there hasn't been any progress?

Every time I have gone by the site, it look like it bit the dust.

I could be wrong, it's going to be smaller than first plan for back in 2012. Only 6 years for it to get off the ground and add to the mad house for driving in this area.

Every time I have gone by the site, it look like it bit the dust.

I could be wrong, it's going to be smaller than first plan for back in 2012. Only 6 years for it to get off the ground and add to the mad house for driving in this area.

It supposedly took them 4 years to get consturction permits. Looking through the documents on their website about leasing a store there when it opens ( it was just updated last month ), it says " Tenant Occupancy : September 26th, 2019 ". So that means that Galleria could be fully built by the end of 2019/early 2020. Now that it has broken ground, it will, as you said, add more traffic to the area. Even when it is complete, I have a feeling there will still be traffic.

I received this notice from them yesterday.

We would like to thank you for your patience respecting the Galleria Project in Mississauga.
Please consider this notice pursuant to the Agreement of Purchase and Sale and subsequent Amendments respecting the purchase of your unit at Galleria Centre, that the vendor hereby (missing word, but I bet it's "Exercises") its option to extend the Viability Date to December 31, 2018. All other terms and conditions of the Agreement of Purchase and Sale and subsequent Amendments remain unchanged.

Looks like they aren't even viable yet.

Back