News   Apr 18, 2024
 345     0 
News   Apr 18, 2024
 739     1 

Help ID locations from old TV Program The Collaborators (1973) from Toronto

CliffColeclough

Member Bio
Reaction score
I am trying to verify where in Toronto some of the exterior shots from this 1973 CBC program were taken from. I have done some research, but would love it if anyone knows the exact location of some of these photos (and if they still exist today). Thank you.

The Forensic Lab is located on this strange street/parking area. The way the cars are parked, it is likely not a main road. It could be a side street, industrial estate or campus.
coll1.jpg

Note the distinctive building in the background. It looks similar to the Scott Library on the Keele Campus at York University and also Scarborough College, University of Toronto (see below) but there is no Google Map facility for these sites and so it is hard to get a good view. The edge of the building directly behind the police car looks like it is the corner of the building used as the location for forensic sciences.
coll2.jpg

Scott Library, York University - it would have been around in the early 1970s.
coll3.jpg

Scarborough College, University of Toronto – I believe it would have been around in the early 1970s.
coll4.jpg

The main building that houses the forensic sciences on the show
coll5.jpg

The best view that we have of the building that was used for forensic sciences. It has an institutional look about it – possibly an office block or an administration building.
coll6.jpg

Dang, you folks is GOOOOOOD. :)

The first image looks like Islington and the 401.

https://maps.google.com/?ll=43.7080...QAH7wpYnx7-1aqWThojdjA&cbp=12,304.02,,0,-1.75

The rest are of Resources Road.

The concrete stacked office building was the offices for the now-demolished Labatt Brewery.

The forensic lab looks like the Public Health Labs (which recently got a recladding).

https://maps.google.com/?ll=43.7098...ar=Toronto+Division,+Ontario,+Canada&t=h&z=18

When you mention that the Public Health Labs got a recladding, is that the building seen here? That cladding with the blue and green panels with a pattern of vertical stripes looks great.

Back