Toronto 1128 Yonge | ?m | 5s | Urbacon | Lemay

Hurrah! I wondered how long a proposal for that site would take.

Yonge from Crescent to the LCBO has huge potential, marred by a half-dozen inappropriate structures, the worst of which being the Starbucks strip mall (formerly, an awesome greasy spoon, The Fire Pit). I'll really, really cheer when that one's redeveloped.

Also, Macpherson would be my bet for prettiest street in Toronto, if not Canada.

Yeah, I also really like this area. Yonge, from St. Clair to Crescent has nice consistent streetscape with good shops. Just a few patches to fix up and we've got a pretty complete district. What I've always wanted to see is the Staples Business Depot (@Marlborough) get a makeover. I like the detailing on those historic arches but any aesthetic appeal is ruined by the paint job and blank walls.

My favourite residential street in Toronto is Hazelton (Yorkville), Palmerston, Tranby (Annex), and various ones in Cabbagetown.

Yeah, I also really like this area. Yonge, from St. Clair to Crescent has nice consistent streetscape with good shops. Just a few patches to fix up and we've got a pretty complete district. What I've always wanted to see is the Staples Business Depot (@Marlborough) get a makeover. I like the detailing on those historic arches but any aesthetic appeal is ruined by the paint job and blank walls.

My favourite residential street in Toronto is Hazelton (Yorkville), Palmerston, Tranby (Annex), and various ones in Cabbagetown.

Tranby - yes. (hmm....this might be a good thread subject.)

I'm glad this is at 5 floors. A good hright for Yonge.

Those are great streets. I find Chestnut Park Road to be outstanding with its grand houses, ornamental street lights, brick sidewalks, and a narrow roadway but wide green boulevard along the sides. Yet it doesn't seem to be very well known.

I literally work across the street from this proposal so will have a good view. And yes, I frequently park on Chestnut Park, and it is quite grand. I prefer Crescent, though, due to the narrow and winding road. It feels like the hills of Monaco in a couple of spots.

Attachments

• 1128-Yonge_001.jpg
    1128-Yonge_001.jpg
    209.7 KB · Views: 827
It's only a low-rise area because of the neighbours. Taller buildings are found both directly north and south. They would have gone higher a long time ago if this was a low-rent neighbourhood.

You think this is a low rent area ? ... And no it is very low-rise and a developer would struggle to get anything much higher then 6 or 7 here

Read my post again. This area would be mid-rise or higher if it WAS low-rent. North of Summerhill to St Clair is all mid or high rise. So is south of Rosedale Station. This area is low-rise exactly because of the rich folks in the area.

Back