Toronto J. Davis House | ?m | 9s | Mattamy Homes | Graziani + Corazza

This will be the entire block between Millwood and Belsize. Looks like some old buildings will be demolished.

http://www.gc-architects.com/midrise/yongestbelsize.html#sthash.BDBTcouO.dpbs

yongebelsize_04.jpg

Monarch/Mattamy are going to be leading this development. No name yet.

P1020027.jpeg

photo by davidackerman

Attachments

• P1020027.jpeg
    P1020027.jpeg
    105 KB · Views: 3,204
That Mattamy have chosen to go with G+C on this does not bode well for their entry into the high-rise market...

The design for the building has been in place longer than Mattamy has owned Monarch. We are only learning now that Monarch/Mattamy are involved, and I wouldn't consider anything have seen up to this point as cast in stone yet, but G+C do have a long history with Monarch of course, and while I know not everyone will agree, I think they've created some good projects together. I'm a fan of the Waterscapes tower in Humber Bay Shores for example, but the early rendering we have for this building is nothing like that at all. As the sales centre indicates, they are going for the Victorian brick look here.

Just caught wind of this.

These buildings are not a real big loss for the community, though I am not too fond of what is set to replace it.

Hopefully at least the ground-level retail is well done. That archway better not be an entrance to parking, hate it when developers do that.

Back