Toronto Rush Condos | 44.96m | 15s | Alterra | BDP Quadrangle

kondoz

Member Bio
Reaction score
A commercial broker ( a buddy of mine) told me that this site was sold to a developer (Freed or Tridel perhaps). He wasn't specific. I think he spoke more than he should have!

Any word on if this is true? Would make a nice infill project.

I know Stephenson's wants a bigger location.

I was just wondering the other day about that site. Seems prime for a nice, small-scale residential project.

Me too, just a couple of days ago. Seems every time I bike past some prime development spot like this and wonder about it, I find a thread in this forum within a matter of weeks.

I was just wondering the other day about that site. Seems prime for a nice, small-scale residential project.

Exciting! Wasn't this site held by that big media guy? He's Toronto based. His name eludes me. Someone else remember?

520 RICHMOND ST W
OPA / Rezoning 12 279689 STE 20 OZ Ward 20
- Tor & E.York Nov 15, 2012 --- --- --- ---
Rezoning application to permit the redevelopment of the lands for the purposes of a single mixed use building (13 storeys) comprising of residential (108 units - 8586m2), commercial at grade level (275m2) and a total of 36 parking spaces below grade

Liking this one ! A lot of potential.

Potential is there but the transition between elements doesn't exactly flow well. The striped pattern formed by the black framing creates a rather hectic appearance. Alternating sections of solid color panels (ie. Teeple's 60 Richmond) would look more refined. The glass cube at the top corner is also an excessive fussy add-on.

Back