Toronto Leslieville Lofthouses | ?m | 4s | Urban Fabric | George Popper

ll2y.jpg

Last edited:
This will face Showcase and I expect another condo will be built on Carlaw beside it, so it won't be quite as nice a streetscape as 53 (which faces the park and fits nicely with the houses along Colgate.) Nice to see another empty lot get filled, though!

This will face Showcase and I expect another condo will be built on Carlaw beside it, so it won't be quite as nice a streetscape as 53 (which faces the park and fits nicely with the houses along Colgate.) Nice to see another empty lot get filled, though!

That parking lot beside it is owned by the 181 Carlaw, who actually use it for their commercial tenant parking. I heard through a realtor that the only way the lot will be sold is in conjunction with the sale of 181 Carlaw (which isn't for sale), so who knows? I bought a unit facing that lot, and I fully expect it will be developed at some point. Whenever that happens, hopefully it won't be 7 or 8 floors like Showcase.

Oh give it a rest. It's a small, sensitive bit of modern infill. It works for the street and the area. Nothing to overdramatize or accuse of being 'suburban.'

if i'm reading the floorplans and renderings correctly, the indoor garages are street level (read LL) with windows facing the street ???
how attractive is that !?!

Back