Urban Toronto - Powered by vBulletin
UrbanToronto News - the latest headlines
Throwback Thursday: Uptown Residences
ALSO
Page 18 of 43 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Thread: Toronto Eaton Centre

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Skorpyo View Post
    When Shoppers moves to the old Sports Check location, they will laso be taking over the ground level space so they can have a street lelvel entrance and be open longer hours then the Eaton Centre
    I guess that means the Coast Mountain Sports will be closing or relocating somewhere else?

Since they will have the basement and ground level, will Shoppers just take over the whole building on the corner? I think the Goodlife gym on the upper level closed since the new one at Yonge and Adelaide opened.

Shopper's could use a second 24-hour downtown location and Yonge & Queen seems a pretty natural spot to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonParis View Post
    Shopper's could use a second 24-hour downtown location and Yonge & Queen seems a pretty natural spot to do it.
    The way the downtown core is growing, I have to agree with that. We could use a 24 hour store south of Dundas.

Noticed store wraps on the weekend indicating Massimo Dutti is opening in the former Mango space while J. Crew will be in the former Bebe space above Pink. A salon is taking over the radio station space on Yonge (by the parking garage entrance).
    Last edited by deerparker; 2012-Apr-29 at 22:52.

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by deerparker View Post
    Noticed store wraps on the weekend indicating Massimo Dutti is opening in the former Mango space while J. Crew will be in the former Bebe space above Pink. A salon is taking over the radio station space on Yonge (by the parking garage entrance).
    I didn't even know Bebe had closed. Or did they move?

I didn't see that Bebe had moved to another location, so maybe it's gone?

Quote Originally Posted by deerparker View Post
    Was curious about Missimo Dutti. Googled it and found that it's a mens/womenswear chain owned by Inditex, the Spanish giant which also owns Zara. When you go to the Massimo Dutti website, Canada is not even a choice under Choose Your Location. This is their first Canadian store, presumably. They have no US stores at present, either. According to the Inditex website, Massimo Dutti has "573 stores in 51 countries." (Zara has 1,631 stores worldwide.)

Is Mango moving somewhere else in the mall?

Massimo Dutti is, as mentioned, part of the Inditex Group from Spain. Zara is the flagship brand, but there's MD, Pull & Bear, Bershka.. All stores I would LOVE to see in Toronto. Cheap chic (imo) better than H&M.

I don't know about those other stores, but Massimo Dutti is definitely not cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by Filip View Post
    Is Mango moving somewhere else in the mall?

Massimo Dutti is, as mentioned, part of the Inditex Group from Spain. Zara is the flagship brand, but there's MD, Pull & Bear, Bershka.. All stores I would LOVE to see in Toronto. Cheap chic (imo) better than H&M.
    I too would LOVE to see Pull & Bear/Bershka here. I don't think Mango has relocated. The only Toronto store on their website is Yorkdale.

Isn't Mango at Sherway? I could swear I remembered seeing it the other day.

12. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Filip View Post
    Isn't Mango at Sherway? I could swear I remembered seeing it the other day.
    I think you're right. I saw it not more than a month ago. But who knows, maybe it's on the way out. Is Mango having problems?

13. Default

If J.Crew is taking the old Bebe spot, then it isn't even that big. Isn't this store supposed to be both men's and women's? Or was Bebe just an odd configuration?

Guess I was wrong about J.Crew - thought it was going to Harry Rosen. Any idea who's taking over Harry's current spot?
    Founder & Webitor-in-Chief of DelectablyChic! (formerly Prospere Magazine), an online-only lifestyle publication targeting young, hip professional women.

14. Default

Quote Originally Posted by khristopher View Post
    I don't know about those other stores, but Massimo Dutti is definitely not cheap.
    No, but it's much, much nicer than Zara.

15. Default

Quote Originally Posted by prosperegal View Post
    If J.Crew is taking the old Bebe spot, then it isn't even that big. Isn't this store supposed to be both men's and women's? Or was Bebe just an odd configuration?
    It looks like J.Crew is taking over Birks next door. The hoarding has gone up confirming that it will be a larger space and include men's & women's.
    Last edited by squeak44; 2012-May-17 at 16:23.

Page 18 of 43 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast