Urban Toronto - Powered by vBulletin
UrbanToronto News - the latest headlines
Tower Floors Rising at INDX Condos in the Financial District
ALSO
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Yorkdale Mall Retail

1. Default

Confirmation that Scotch and Soda will be opening up in the new Yorkdale expansion.

2. Default

J.Crew has opened at Yorkdale and when I was there on Thursday, there was a short wait to get in. I'm willing to bet that it would be CRAZY this weekend. Anyway, the website has also updated the prices to reflect Canadian costs, but a lot of people are upset because they're STILL charging duty. Basically, the Canadian costs (online, anyway) cover MOST of the shipping, so when they're saying that shipping to Canada is a flat $9.95 US, they're really misleading!
    Founder & Webitor-in-Chief of DelectablyChic! (formerly Prospere Magazine), an online-only lifestyle publication targeting young, hip professional women.

3. Default Yorkdale Mall Retail

http://www.thestar.com/business/arti...h-higher-sales

Higher mall rents come with higher sales

exerpt...
    Yorkdale shopping centre charges on average $200 a square foot per year, plus $90 a square foot in real estate taxes and operating costs, for a total of $290 a square foot per year, Crombie said.

In comparison, Roosevelt Field, a comparable upscale mall in Garden City, on Long Island, New York, charges $100 U.S. per square foot, plus $60 in taxes and operating expenses, Crombie said.

Wow, so Yorkdale is almost charging what Bloor charges...wouldn't have guessed that, even given the stores that Yorkdale has and will be getting.

YORKDALE has its 2nd crane up! to me this is equally if not more exciting then a eaton centre food court. PLus I can watch cranes.

Quote Originally Posted by sixrings View Post
    YORKDALE has its 2nd crane up! to me this is equally if not more exciting then a eaton centre food court. PLus I can watch cranes.
    Any construction pics?

No but it looks like they might be putting up a third crane... they have so many extra crane pieces on the ground i dont know what other explanation there could be.

Quote Originally Posted by sixrings View Post
    No but it looks like they might be putting up a third crane... they have so many extra crane pieces on the ground i dont know what other explanation there could be.
    Look under the http://urbantoronto.ca/forum/showthr...Mall+Expansion and you will find the current photos. They will be a need for a 3rd crane, but down the road at this stage. Part of the 2nd crane is sitting there.
    Due Time restriction, visit my site https://www.flickr.com/photos/drum118/ to see updated photos of projects shot the last few weeks since I don't have the time to post them to various threads.
    See my videos on YouTube http://www.youtube.com/user/Transitdrum118/videos

Quote Originally Posted by drum118 View Post
    Look under the http://urbantoronto.ca/forum/showthr...Mall+Expansion and you will find the current photos. They will be a need for a 3rd crane, but down the road at this stage. Part of the 2nd crane is sitting there.
    Thanks for the link. Did not see that thread before, but those are some great pics.

Yorkdale has blocked off the window in the food court. People can no longer eat and watch the construction work.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

10. Default

The new Topshop at Yorkdale is truly great. Way bigger than the other locations thus far.

All Yorkdale needs now is Forever 21, Men's J-Crew, Urban Outfitters

Quote Originally Posted by TheBoss View Post
    The new Topshop at Yorkdale is truly great. Way bigger than the other locations thus far.
    The other locations are temporary, "pop-up" (whatever that means) capsule stores. The Yorkdale store is the only real Topshop/Topman so far.

12. Default Club Monaco - Yorkdale

Anyone notice that the Club Monaco moved from their location kitty corner to Holt Renfrew to a women's-only location near the hall to the subway? It doesn't look like they're renovating either (their website also lists the store as women's-only). Anyone know what's going there? Maybe when the expansion is complete, they'll have a larger location for menswear.
    Follow me on Twitter! @samyyz

13. Default

Yeah, I noticed that a few months ago and when I asked about the Men's, they said they will have it when they move into a larger store when the Yorkdale expansion is completed in a couple years

Cartier is taking that space. Club Monaco was unable to find a big enough store to do a womens and mens location... once the new wing is opened Club Monaco will move there.

the club monicos new location seems dead. most people in this section of the mall are just trying to get from the subway to the main part of the mall asap and not shopping. stores like the travel agent, rogers, stitch it,all survive because these are places you sometimes must go. they are not stores for impulse shopping. i wonder how much clientel they will lose located her. that being said i like their store appearance.

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast