Toronto Forward Condos at Concord CityPlace | 94.48m | 30s | Concord Adex | P + S / IBI

Automation Gallery

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
Im trying to figure out what 2 acre piece of land these guys are talking about:confused:
Makes me think since they mention community space that its Block 31 (TCHC lands that never got developed)

From DCN today....http://www.dailycommercialnews.com/...28fd7a7db5bd&projectid=1309476&region=ontario

APARTMENT BUILDINGS, RETAIL, COMMUNITY SPACE
Proj: 1309476-21
Toronto, Metro Toronto Reg ON
CONTEMPLATED
Fort York Neighbourhood, Lake Shore Blvd East & West of Bathurst St, M6V
$96,000,000 est
Note:
All municipal zoning approvals are in place. Owner is seeking interest from developers. Schedules for design, tender and construction will be determined as developers are secured. Further update early 2013.
This report follows the remaining blocks South East of Bathurst St at Fort York Blvd.
Project:
proposed redevelopment of the land south of historic Fort York. The remaining land to be developed includes two acres at Fort York Blvd South-East of Bathurst St, blocks 33 and 37; which can include approximately 960,000 sq ft of developable space.
Scope:..5 acres
Development:...New
Category:...Apartment bldgs; Retail, wholesale services; Roads; Misc engineering

Block map below of Railway Lands West showing the subject site's relative location:

• Blk 33+37: newly acquired Cityplace lands
  • Blk 32+36: TCHC
  • Blk 26W+29: Parade
  • Blk 26E: Luna
  • Blk 24: Montage + Neo
  • Blk 25: West One + Gallery + N1/N2
  • Blk 31: TCHC
Blk3236_context.jpg

Last edited:
I'm confused. Block 33 is already occupied by the construction of Quartz, which would leave only block 37 which is currently the site of Amsterdam Brewery. Furthermore, it states that the developable area is 96,000 sq. ft. (approx 2 Acres). Block 37 on its own (by my rough calculations) is approx that area. And since there is a planned street (Queen's Wharf Road) between 33 & 37, I can see no way that this document could possibly refer to block 33.

I'm confused. Block 33 is already occupied by the construction of Quartz, which would leave only block 37 which is currently the site of Amsterdam Brewery. Furthermore, it states that the developable area is 96,000 sq. ft.….

Broove, you're missing a zero

Yeah could be...then again east of this and across the park could be block 31
South-East of Bathurst St, blocks 33 and 37;

And AG, you're missing the beat: It has got to refer to Block 33. Is it still owned by Whittington, or did it also get sold to Concord Adex when they bought block 37 to build Quartz and Spectra? In the end, all of this is coming from DCN, and we always trust them implicitly, right?

Lumen (Concord, ?s)

As per Urbanation, the next building for CityPlace, near Fort York and Bathurst. All they have so far is this logo:

twitpic.com/91zi7h

This would make sense given that there is a new model of a building in their showroom, currently under wraps, according to what Tuscani01 told me the other day.

I love that logo! :)

^ Should be the shorter tower(s) in that cluster. The taller ones are Quartz and Spectra. One step closer to "Signature"...

Back