Toronto Alto | 24.99m | 8s | Edenshaw | BDP Quadrangle

AlbertC

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
http://www.anabailao.ca/events/?mc_id=mc_2012-04-02_47

April 2, 2012, 6:30 pm – 8:30 pm

I invite all residents to a preliminary public meeting to discuss the proposed development for the site at 1544 Dundas St. W.

The developer is proposing to build a mid-rise, 8 storey building housing 87 units (20,000 square feet) with retail space on the ground floor. The development will also include 2 levels of parking and require further remediation of the site. This session is an opportunity to come and see what is being proposed and contribute your ideas to the process before an official application is submitted.

This is the location of the former Bento's Auto Garage. It's been demolished and the site has been left vacant for a year or so now. I've always thought of great redevelopment potential here so I'm glad to see something in the works. There's a lot of nice new mid-rise projects lately on the west side by RAW so I hope to see something similar here.

Ha! I lived right around the corner from this site on Sheridan Avenue. It's a nice neighbourhood.

There's a seven-floor rental slab on Sheridan just north of Dundas. Eight floors on the north side of Dundas, replacing an old auto service shop should be quite appropriate, as long as the design complements the low-rise neighbourhood surrounding it.

13 May 2012: Interesting site plan, let's hope it's Richard Witt not P+S...

285a.jpg

Looks neat. The setback massing reminds me Howard Park by RAW, however so far Edenshaw has relied on P+S for their project designs.

Hot!

In this city, the architectural strikingness of a building is inversely proportional to its height. Our skyscrapers might be lame, but we are really building some exciting midrises these days.

This is a disappointing revision. I was intrigued/excited by the initial renderings. As development pushes along Dundas we need to make sure exciting design does not get lost on the equation. The terrible Azul condos a little west at Brock and Dundas are a good reminder of this.

Back