TAO Condos (SigNature) - Real Estate -

My parents who live nearby looked at these condos at the grand opening.

The location is very good, surrounded by established neighbourhoods and directly east and south-east of the site is a ravine. There are lots of shopping along High Tech Road all the way down to Yonge Street with the Langstaff GO Train Station there as well. There will be no other new condo developments in the area so units on the higher floors will have nice unobstructed views, with east facing units having the best views over the wooded ravine.

The building itself is not bad, and nicer than most of the new condos along Highway 7 nearby, and pretty nice considering it was designed by Graziani & Corazza.
All of the units feature 10 foot ceilings which is pretty unusual and welcomed, but other than that the features and finishes are typical of most new condo developments out there. Oddly and unfortunately all of the units come with vinyl vertical blinds, it will ensure a consistent look of the building but may evoke 80's flashbacks for those living there. The building and suites have been designed under the guidance of a very well known Feng Shui master to further add to the Zen theme of this development, which should appeal to Asian buyers and those who believe in this practice.

The developer has no experience in the GTA. They have built condos, retirement residences and suburban communities in Florida and cottage country in Ontario. These is their first modern condo development.

The ground floor will have double height retail space which looks nice, but may be a hard sell as there is little public parking (or at least any visible from the street) and pedestrian traffic is almost non-existent on this very busy street. The previous strip mall didn't do very well, mostly because of the vast shopping across Bayview along High Tech Road.

Units are a mix of 1- and 2-bedroom units, some with dens and some 2-storey units and range from just under 500 sq.ft. to over 2,300 sq.ft. The amenities are excellent considering there are less than 175 units. Buyers seem to be a mix of investors and downsizing empty nesters who live in the area (like my parent). Prices range from the mid-$300's to over $1 million.
The project sold quickly and the strip mall that sits on the site has been demolished and I believe the heritage brick house has been moved. Construction has started and cranes are already up.

Thanks for the informative post.

How would you place the value of this condo versus other locations such as North York (Yonge from Finch to Sheppard) condos, the ones on Times or Uptown Markham?

I think the value is better, due to its more exclusive and established location and has fewer units than what's being offered at Times or Uptown Markham..
I don't know much about the condo market in North York, but I would think being near Finch Station would be a huge plus, especially for young professional buyers.

Back