Richmond Hill Grand Palace Condominium | ?m | 15s | G Group | Hariri Pontarini

Solaris

Member Bio
Reaction score
The Yonge + 16th area is growing (literally) :)

Coming soon ...
101043_2.jpg

The Grand Palace must be another development in R Hill by the same builder.

On another note; in driving by today and Monday, noted that all of the decorative cedars have been removed and a wooden fence is being erected around the site--the posts are in along Yonge. The building to the north has been surrouded by a metal fence and the sales office appears to be in the beginning stages of being taken down.

Work on the site may not be far off.

There is not just Grand Genesis, but also the development at Yonge & 16th and the Grand Palace that is going in on the former Richmond Hill (Kinnear) Pontiac site.

Incidentally, I have not seen a thread for that last one, but it could be started. They have been working on the old dealership and there is signage with that name. Here is the website http://www.grandpalacecondos.ca/.

There is quite a bit of activity on the Grand Genesis site with large piles of earth, a drilling rig and two backhoes.

Thank you for starting this one Solaris.

I was planning to try myself if I did not see anything soon. The old Richmond Hill Pontiac building has been remodelled on the outside with pillars at the ends and in the centre. Cannot tell what has been done to the inside, but the back contained the bays for the service department and the parts department; it may have been torn down. The colour scheme of the fomer sales office has been maintained, but it is huge for a condo sales office.

Maybe they plan for a model suite within the building; it could not be the base for a condo.

Pretty good for the burbs in particular. Nice to finally see better design in those areas than the utter schlock that seems to predominate.

Grand palace Exterior

Looks like some greenery and roof top terrace planned for the top of the podium. Also I have always like the look of recessed balconies as seen on the front of the buildings. But these do look small. Perhaps no more room that needed for a two person 24 inch table. I am reminded of a newer building with dark grey brick on the north side of King W downtown. Looks good but I wonder about the functionality. Balconies on the sides of the building appear to be the traditional open air peninsula style. Interesting overhang treatment on the penthouse level. I will be sure to look up on my next downtown trip to see if there is a similar treatment to be found. As an interest purchaser I hope the balcony size dose not indicate that the 375 sf 1 bedrooms have not made their way north.

Grand Palace Model

Grand palace from Yonge.jpg
Grand Palace Condo#2.jpg
Grand Palace Condo.jpg
Grand Palace from South.jpg

Attachments

• Grand palace from Yonge.jpg
    Grand palace from Yonge.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 1,046
  • Grand Palace Condo#2.jpg
    Grand Palace Condo#2.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 1,102
  • Grand Palace Condo.jpg
    Grand Palace Condo.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 1,098
  • Grand Palace from South.jpg
    Grand Palace from South.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 984
October 14th/2013. Crane should be in soon as the footings are being poured at the South/East side of the site.

*server is a bit slow - my apologies... hopefully it'll be resolved shortly*

GRAND_PALACE-14-10-2013.jpg

Last edited:
Cranes up as of drive-by yesterday, falling light. We need more photographers in Richmond Hill!

P1380669.jpg

Attachments

• P1380669.jpg
    P1380669.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 878
For whatever reason, we had TFAI (Turner Fleischer Architects) listed in the thread title, but the Grand Palace website says Hariri Pontarini.

Back