Urban Toronto - Powered by vBulletin
UrbanToronto News - the latest headlines
Sheridan College Breaks Ground for McCallion Campus Expansion
ALSO
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: aharv Designs

Default aharv Designs

Transferring into an architecture program in the fall will warrant me beginning to teach myself CAD and Revit, but for now, until I am more comfortable with those programs, I'm just doing sketches of the designs in SketchUp. (I know, I know...). I do, however, have great respect for SketchUp as a tool for recording ideas down. It's a good next step after a napkin sketch.

Last edited by SP!RE; 2013-Jan-20 at 02:20.

Guest Wing Addition; Kitchener

This is a concept I came up with for a uniquely shaped property in Kitchener which is home to the 1950 Rotary Dream-Home. This design would provide a guest wing and would read as its own entity apart from the original house structure. It is set-back to minimize its appearance from the street, and plays with the verticality of the surrounding trees (and anticipated new landscaping) instead of attempting to fit the horizontal vernacular of the original structure. A modernized front entry is also added with a large, stately door, as well as an update to the breezeway (which was filled in long ago and clad with siding), which uses the same rusted metal finish as the new annex.

This was one of my first designs ever designed on a computer, so excuse the fact that it's more basic (i.e. no eaves-troughs)

In the end, the house was sold, so the design concept did not evolve any further.

Last edited by SP!RE; 2013-Jan-20 at 02:21.

<deleted>
    Last edited by SP!RE; 2012-Apr-09 at 16:22.

Default Project X

In progress!

Last edited by SP!RE; 2013-Jan-20 at 02:22.

Default "Project X" Progress

<deleted>

You should take the podium cube concept further--rather than just a random bit make it the signature design.

Do you use a PC or a mac? (I'm debating buying a mac mini and getting sketchup pro so I can take my NimbyTect concepts further)

Quote Originally Posted by urbandreamer View Post
    You should take the podium cube concept further--rather than just a random bit make it the signature design.

Do you use a PC or a mac? (I'm debating buying a mac mini and getting sketchup pro so I can take my NimbyTect concepts further)
    The cube design will adorn that entire "neighbourhood" side of the podium. It's a work in progress.

I use a Mac but you can use Sketchup on either and there's no difference. It's rendering software that will be affected by your choice of Mac or PC. Sketchup has been nice but I'm starting to move towards CAD/Revit territory, for which a desktop PC is a must.

<deleted>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast