News   Mar 28, 2024
 266     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 298     0 

Jarvis and Dundas

torplanner

Member Bio
Reaction score
First Pace, then Ryerson's residence tower to the south, and now the redevelopment of the Garden Hilton at the northeast corner. The big question is when will plans emerge for the former Sears parking lot!

There's also a parking lot across from The Grand hotel and the Hooker Harvey's site could fit a slim tower at Gerrard St.

Too bad they didn't buy up the southeast corner of Church and Dundas instead. That whole area needs a good wrecking ball.

Too bad they didn't buy up the southeast corner of Church and Dundas instead. That whole area needs a good wrecking ball.

actually SE, SW and NE all should go.
NW is kind of blah but it is what it is.

Church & Dundas needs something BIG, like a new department store or major attraction. I don't just want more and more condos. I want to see some serious city building and something that adds life to the downtown core. Dundas East has so much great potential. I would hate to see it squandered, with the same old, same old.

Last edited:
With the pull of the Easton Centre, highly unlikely that a major department store (or anchor tenant) would want to move out here.

If it goes, it'll be condos.

Church & Dundas needs something BIG, like a new department store or major attraction. I don't just want more and more condos. I want to see some serious city building and something that adds life to the downtown core. Dundas East has so much great potential. I would hate to see it squandered, with the same old, same old.

The only potential with Dundas E. as I see it are opportunities for future Ryerson expansions and condo developments with so many empty lots and a strikingly poor walkable street.

It will be hard to expand much eastward with all the public housing projects on Sherbourne too. I am not sure how much change we will see eastward given those properties.

We can say the same to Jarvis/Dundas, Chuch/Dundas, Church/Queen, Church/Jarvis.
These four downtown corners need to be brought to 2013 from 1970.

Pace will probably change Jarvis and Dundas once it is completed, but w
s.jpg
hat about Jarvis/Queen? Especially the south west corner, what's wrong with this corner? Who owns the land? How come no developer nor the city is interested in developing this relatively sizable land so close to the core? Glass condo is right beside it.

Attachments

• s.jpg
    s.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 1,626
Development is slowly spreading east now, many areas where it is very much needed - and welcomed. Adding density and revitalizing this area that has so many great bones, just seems a natural.

Back