News   Mar 28, 2024
 187     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 201     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 257     0 

The Neighbourhoods of Riverdale - Opinions?

hawc

Member Bio
Reaction score
Positive/Negative? What do we think?

NEIGHBOURHOODS OF RIVERDALE Developed by Urban Corp

2011_07_19_01_00_46_ext2.png
2011_07_19_01_00_29_ext1.png
2011_07_04_10_12_29_queenste.jpg

according to their website, only the narrow and long bowling-alley type THs will be part of the Riverdale project ... semi's are part of the Beaches'.

i like the exterior design; however, Urban Corp doesn't have the greatest rep for quality.

also, this is the company that completely changed the exterior design of the project across from the Drake from something wow to blah.

Good to know. That's the kind of stuff I was wondering. The renderings look great, but I was wondering about Urban Corp's rep. Also I agree on the bowling alley layout.

Interesting. Why wouldn't a basement be included in the sq/ft total though?

In condos I think even the balcony is included.

Interesting. Why wouldn't a basement be included in the sq/ft total though?

In condos I think even the balcony is included.

the standard is/was only finished living space above ground.
over the past few years (maybe 5 or so) i've noticed many projects fudging the way they market the size of the units by including balcony space in the 'total square footage' and not just indicating the actual unit's liveable sq. footage.

realtors have been doing that too, especially with the shrinkage of unit size.

That's just one of the basic questions you ask when making one of the largest purchases of your life.

When selling a detached house, if the basement has been finished properly with permits and everything you're paying property tax of the additional square footage of the basement so that's why it is include into the total.

Thumbs down to the the ground level parking lot in front of the Beach semis. Nothing does more to kill a street.

We think it's great! (the area and the designs, that is). Riverdale will soon become home to numerous great <a href="http://www.groperty.com"target="_blank">condos in Toronto</a> - the area is packed with culture, adjacent the downtown core and a 20-30min bike ride from the beach - awesome place to be.

as previously stated, urbancorp is fudging the square footage by including the basement area and the wording of the details is deceptive (i.e. including 715 sq.ft. of basement area ?!?)

typically SFH don't include the basement in the listed sq.ft. unless it's completely finished, which doesn't sound like the case here.
therefore, the listed 2,800 sq. ft. is really under 2,100 sq. ft.

http://www.urbancorp.com/queenstreet...-riverdale.pdf

To confirm, the basement in this project is going to come completed, so the square footage is actually accurate.

as previously stated, urbancorp is fudging the square footage by including the basement area and the wording of the details is deceptive (i.e. including 715 sq.ft. of basement area ?!?)

typically SFH don't include the basement in the listed sq.ft. unless it's completely finished, which doesn't sound like the case here.
therefore, the listed 2,800 sq. ft. is really under 2,100 sq. ft.

http://www.urbancorp.com/queenstreet...-riverdale.pdf

Back