Toronto The Carvalo on College | 21.94m | 7s | Clifton Blake | Studio JCI

OMG ... seriously !?! old world kitsch ... something i see along hwy 7 in markham.

877 College Townhomes - 5 storeys, 19 Units, GFA: 66,500 sf ... that's 3,500 sf per TH = 700 sf per level floorplate

That rendering has disappeared from Icon Architect's site above, but there's a new development soon to be submitted here by Clifton Blake: 7 storeys, 120 units, (including 13 rental replacement units), retail at ground level. Public consultation on March 9, see the attachment!

Attachments

• 871-899-college-street-redevelopment.pdf
    215.2 KB · Views: 751
Interested to see what is being proposed here. It's a pretty substantial parcel of land to work with overall.

I also saw a couple signs on the fence in front of the 1004-1006 College property, which is currently an abandoned building just west of Bairrada Churrasqueira. I was out jogging so I didn't have my phone to capture the names/listings on the signs but it hinted at an upcoming redevelopment as well.

Here are the public meeting details for next week:

Pre-application Community Consultation: 871-899 College Street
The landowner of 871-899 College Street is hosting a pre-application community consultation. No application has been submitted to the City for redevelopment at this time, and they would like to consult with the community before making a submission to the City. See the details below.

Date: Thursday, March 9, 2017
Place: Ossington/Old Orchard Junior Public School, 370 Ossington Avenue (map)
Time: 6:30pm-7:00pm – Open House
7:00pm-9:00pm – Presentations / Open Forum

Reminder that the meeting is this evening. Unfortunately, I won't be able to attend.

http://mikelayton.to/pre-application-community-consultation-871-899-college

Pre-application Community Consultation: 871-899 College Street

Posted on:
March 2nd, 2017
The landowner of 871-899 College Street is hosting a pre-application community consultation. No application has been submitted to the City for redevelopment at this time, and they would like to consult with the community before making a submission to the City. See the details below.

You are invited to a Community Consultation Meeting where you can learn more about the proposed redevelopment of the property municipally known as 871-899 College Street (the “Property”). We look forward to presenting to you the conceptual plans for the Property and sharing your comments.

Date: Thursday, March 9, 2017
Place: Ossington/Old Orchard Junior Public School, 370 Ossington Avenue (map)
Time: 6:30pm-7:00pm – Open House
7:00pm-9:00pm – Presentations / Open Forum

The proposed development consists of a mid-rise building providing retail shops on the ground floor and seven storeys of residential above. The total building floor area is approximately 120,000 square feet, consisting of approximately 102,000 square feet of residential floor area, and approximately 17,800 square feet of commercial floor area. The overall density of the proposal is an F.S.I. of approximately 4.6 times the site area.

The number of dwelling units proposed is 120 consisting of a mix of bachelor, one, two and three bedroom units. 107 will be new freehold dwelling units, and 13 will be developed as rental dwelling units to replace the existing supply of rental units on the Property.

Two levels of below-grade parking supplying 118 vehicle parking spaces are proposed. Access to the parking is proposed from Ossington Avenue via the existing rear laneway. A rear loading facility will be provided, and approximately 130 bicycle parking spaces will also be provided.

In accordance with the Toronto Green Standard of site and building design, the intention is for the development to achieve a Tier 2 status which includes an energy performance 25% better than the 2016 Ontario Building Code, improved water efficiency, enhanced lighting and on-site renewable energy.

For further information on the proposal in advance of the March 9th meeting, you are welcome to contact the project manager at Clifton Blake Group, Meagan Mckenney at 416.362.5838.

Local City Councillor Mike Layton will be in attendance. You can also contact his office at 416.392.4009 or councillor_layton@toronto.ca.

We look forward to sharing your views and comments further on March 9, 2017.

877 COLLEGE ST
Ward 19 - Tor & E.York District

►View All Properties

Site Plan Approval to the site with a new 8-storey mid-rise mixed-use building. The base of the building includes about 1,746 m2 of retail space and a residential lobby along College Street.. The proposal includes 11,264 m2 of residential gross floor area and 131 units. Of these, 23 are condominium suites and 108 are rental apartments of which 13 replace the existing rental apartments on the Site. The rental replacement units are located on the 2nd floor. The 13 rental replacement units consist of 7 one-bedroom units, 5 two-bedroom units and 1 three-bedroom unit.

Proposed Use --- # of Storeys --- # of Units ---

Applications:
Type Number Date Submitted Status
Site Plan Approval 17 196972 STE 19 SA Jul 12, 2017 Under Review
Rezoning 17 196947 STE 19 OZ Jul 12, 2017 Under Review

http://app.toronto.ca/DevelopmentAp...4204623&isCofASearch=false&isTlabSearch=false

Design by Studio JCI.

877college1.JPG
877college2.JPG
877college3.JPG
877college4.JPG

Attachments

• 877college1.JPG
    877college1.JPG
    42.7 KB · Views: 2,651
  • 877college2.JPG
    877college2.JPG
    43.7 KB · Views: 2,674
  • 877college3.JPG
    877college3.JPG
    63.9 KB · Views: 2,622
  • 877college4.JPG
    877college4.JPG
    105 KB · Views: 2,648
Update:
On the south side of College Street, the long-standing Azores Auto Group car dealership could be making way for a new development by the Clifton Blake Group. Submitted to the City of Toronto on July 13th, a rezoning and Site Plan Approval (SPA) application outlines plans for an 8-storey mixed-use building, featuring a combination of street-level retail, residential condominiums, rental apartments, and rental replacement suites.

383 Sorauren is turning out to be quite an influential design...

Yes, nice to see the trend of chamfered solid walls here in Toronto. A nice departure from the cliché of staggered mullions and random spandrel panelled window walls. I really like how the shadows play off of it.

The recessed retail storefronts are a bit oppressive especially with the heavy solid forms above. I like the variation of brick for each volume, but it would better if the colour/shade were a little more distinctive from each other.

Back