News   Mar 28, 2024
 49     0 
News   Mar 27, 2024
 1.3K     1 
News   Mar 27, 2024
 1.1K     2 

Canada Post Office (Dovercourt and Bloor)

yyzfa

Member Bio
Reaction score
While walking to the gym today, I noticed that the Canada Post Office just north of Bloor on Dovercourt has a large sign on the side, "For Sale".

So what do you think, townhouses or condo with about 5 or 6 floors.

condos more appropriate since it's proximity to bloor ttc.

it's listed on mls for $1 ... i'll offer $2, 100% over asking ! ! !

Good candidate for intensification. 5-6 storeys would be fine, like something similar in scale to 707 Dovercourt Lofts just south of Bloor.

Is Canada Post selling all its land? My local post office (Waterloo) and the one in my parent's neighbourhood (Oakville) are both for sale.

Who knows, probably Memph. I can't remember the last time I picked up a parcel at a Canada Post Office, it's usually routed and delivered to some random small store that happens to have a Canada Post kiosk/setup inside.

On a side note, the area is getting some interesting densification. You have the one church just south of Bloor turned into lofts, you got the other church now on Westmoreland near the post office, also being converted into lofts. The funeral home just south of Bloor next the tour, as mentioned above, turning into condos.

Is Canada Post selling all its land? My local post office (Waterloo) and the one in my parent's neighbourhood (Oakville) are both for sale.

The one in Uptown and the one in Downtown Oakville are for sale?? Didn't know about that.

-Another Oakville-Waterloo poster.

So walking past the post office today and they took down the sign. I wonder if it's already been sold or if there was a change of heart.

Went by the Post Office today to mail something. The clerk inside was asking people to sign a petition. He was saying that they have been informed that the Post Office will be closing within the next 30 days. I guess it's official, it's been sold, but I wonder to who and for what?

I would have thought for sure this property was going to sell for residential redevelopment. Word on the street however is that it was purchased for film production or studio space.

Back