News   Mar 28, 2024
 566     2 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 858     0 

Abandoned buildings suitable for photoshoots

alklay

Member Bio
Reaction score
I am looking for abandoned buildings, preferably warehouse-like, in order to do photoshoots with individuals. These are non-commercial photos (I ain't charging and the subjects ain't paying) and done for fun and interest.

I have checked out the Distillery District and while it use to have some neat nooks and crannies, the whole complex appears to be very well used and otherwise occupied.

The old Kodak plants are gone (from what I understand).

I have checked out the Evergreen Brickworks and they have an excellent warehouse and they encourage amateur photographers. But this is the only warehouse that I know of.

I welcome any suggestions or ideas. I am not willing to do anything too dangerous or too illegal, but if a fence needs to be climbed here and there, I may be open to it.

The Hearn Generating Station is a photographers dream

You are right. Great idea (although I suspect that its very inaccessible).

While it seems like they may have made "improvements" lately, the disused factory building on Dundas just north of the Shoppers/Freshco plaza N of Dundas West station has been used for various shoots IIRC...

Another great find. And perhaps the Dundas West Arts building, just north, has some abandoned/unused spaces inside (and I would bet it a little more accessible).

Sigh, this is the one time I wished I lived in Detroit. ;)

go to the abandoned linseed oil factory near dundas west

O6Z1X.jpg

2010-10-30-HAUNTED%20BUILDING.jpg

very easy to access and even easier to break in, i doubt the people living in the adjacent townhouses care

I don't suppose you'd care to post some pics after you're done scouring the city for beauty? It's just that.....one of my dearest loves is abandoned buildings...especially old industrial and commercial spaces. *swoon*

For example, that pic someMidTowner posted gave me goosebumps. :eek:

Thanks for clarification. I liked your videos and pictures.
You only have the passion for buildings ?

Thank you! i love filming/photographing much more than just buildings, and the photo posted of the abandoned building wasnt taken by me, just to clarify

Back