News   Mar 28, 2024
 136     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 193     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 253     0 

WIND Mobile customers that tether their phones..

yin_yang

Member Bio
Reaction score
I've been tethering my laptop and torrenting a bunch lately through my Nexus, and noticed that it seems like WIND has capped either just my speed or general tethering speeds around the city in the last 48h. Downtown, uptown, it won't go above 0.23mbps now. I used to get 5mbps earlier! Loved having the unlimited data usage. What happened? Anyone else in my boat?

I have Rogers as backup.

From what I understand its unlimited up until a certain amount downloaded. Its still unlimited after that but then they lower your speed to essentially useless. I am contempating getting wind. Do you use it for cell phone use. Im at Bathurst and Eglinton area? I want the bold. Hows the Service?????

From what I understand its unlimited up until a certain amount downloaded. Its still unlimited after that but then they lower your speed to essentially useless. I am contempating getting wind. Do you use it for cell phone use. Im at Bathurst and Eglinton area? I want the bold. Hows the Service?????

Are you on the wrong forum? This is UrbanToronto, not HowardForums.

WIND Mobile "Data Fair Usage Policy"

WARNING PDF File: http://www.windmobile.ca/fairusage

TL;DR: Using a data tethering add-on to your plan, you have unlimited data at regular speed until you surpass 10 gigabytes of bandwidth in a calendar month. If you surpass 10 GB, WIND will cap your download speed to 256 kbps and your upload speed to 128 kbps for the rest of the calendar month. WIND will send you a text notifying you if they will be capping your speed.

Also, wrong sub-forum.

mobile networks are infrastructure ;)

i grew up in the bath/eg area. i have a buddy who says service there is a bit weak, since most people there have rogers/bell/telus. i'm downtown and it is usually great down here in the core.

WIND Mobile "Data Fair Usage Policy"

WARNING PDF File: http://www.windmobile.ca/fairusage

TL;DR: Using a data tethering add-on to your plan, you have unlimited data at regular speed until you surpass 10 gigabytes of bandwidth in a calendar month. If you surpass 10 GB, WIND will cap your download speed to 256 kbps and your upload speed to 128 kbps for the rest of the calendar month. WIND will send you a text notifying you if they will be capping your speed.

Also, wrong sub-forum.

thanks!

WIND is cheap for TO, however anywhere outside Toronto, like Muskoka - it signal is there, but the bill is outrageous.

However, if you have a Smart Phone, You Can Try M-Digital. Whenever I go outside Toronto, I use the M-Digital application and no longer pay Wind's long distance. MomentisPhone.net. I know it has to be used only on a Smart Phone- but it saved me a bundle. I highly reccomend this to you.

Back