Toronto MEC Queen Street (Mountain Equipment Coop) | 21.03m | 3s | Parallax | Sweeny &Co

unimaginative2

Member Bio
Reaction score
No, this isn't a scoop on a big upcoming project, but I'm just wondering whether there have ever been plans for development of the big parking lot on the north side of Queen at Peter. It's a massive site and it would seem to be just about the best spot for a condo anywhere.

I would assume some 4-8 floor condo with retail in the base...........one day. Though a better use for it would be office or another building for OCAD.

501261632_4bbc152210_o.jpg

It's a little bit removed from the OCAD site.

Max Allen ended his Jane's Walk on this parking lot. He did not know what was going on, except the owner is not in a rush to develop it (a good thing in his mind, means there's a chance for community input).

That's a great question about the site. I've always wondered that myself.

Not that I'm a great fan of parking lots, but that open space is really a quintessential part of the Queen St. geography. I'd be reulctant to see it go.

That parking lot is almost a part of Queen. I can't say I'll be 'sad' to see it go, but it would be nice if we could have open spaces in this city that weren't necessarily parking lots or small parks.

How about a public square with a nice fountain and benches? No 50-storey condos please!

Back