News   Mar 28, 2024
 289     1 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 656     0 

Back in the rental market, would like suggestions

ShonTron

Member Bio
Reaction score
Due to a rather unfortunate cycling injury on my way to work on a nice, clear January day (long story short, I avoided being cut off by a pick-up and hit streetcar tracks, shattering my knee, for which I am still recovering. So I'm staying elsewhere for a few months, giving up my second-floor apartment in a Brockton house which I've enjoyed. I was paying $1400 for a one bedroom including all utilities, even cable/internet.

I loved the neighbourhood, not too far my brothers and friends, close to two grocery stores, two streetcar lines and an easy bike ride to work (I will bike again).

I expect a modest salary increase, so I could budget a bit more, but want a inner city apartment with enough room for me, for occasional entertaining and what not, without overpaying for anything smaller than 550 sq ft, which was the size of my original condo that I owned. I liked renting part of a house rather than a condo rental or highrise, but wondering what my options out there are and open to those ideas. I'll be fully independent and mobile again by May 1.

I have two mature cats, but don't smoke at all and am quiet, but seek a quiet, clean place.

Any suggestions on what's out there are very much welcome. What should I look for? Is a large rental building okay? Any buildings to avoid at all costs? What about condo rentals?

Due to a rather unfortunate cycling injury on my way to work on a nice, clear January day (long story short, I avoided being cut off by a pick-up and hit streetcar tracks, shattering my knee, for which I am still recovering. So I'm staying elsewhere for a few months, giving up my second-floor apartment in a Brockton house which I've enjoyed. I was paying $1400 for a one bedroom including all utilities, even cable/internet.

I loved the neighbourhood, not too far my brothers and friends, close to two grocery stores, two streetcar lines and an easy bike ride to work (I will bike again).

I expect a modest salary increase, so I could budget a bit more, but want a inner city apartment with enough room for me, for occasional entertaining and what not, without overpaying for anything smaller than 550 sq ft, which was the size of my original condo that I owned. I liked renting part of a house rather than a condo rental or highrise, but wondering what my options out there are and open to those ideas. I'll be fully independent and mobile again by May 1.

I have two mature cats, but don't smoke at all and am quiet, but seek a quiet, clean place.

Any suggestions on what's out there are very much welcome. What should I look for? Is a large rental building okay? Any buildings to avoid at all costs? What about condo rentals?

I lived at Hazelburn Co-op for 2 years (2 years ago). It was $1250 a month for a 1000sqft 2 bedroom + solarium apartment. The building was great. New windows, new kitchens, they are now putting in new bathrooms. Because it is a co-op, you will have to volunteer a bit each month, but the tasks vary from the gardening committee, social committee, or on-call (which I volunteered for and took up almost no time at all) The volunteer thing actually helps create a close knit community, and you will get to know many of the people in the building over a few months.

Its at Jarvis/Dundas and has indoor bicycle parking .

I know this isn't much help, but do you have a link with the deets to your current place? Sounds like my ideal location/price for rent .. :)

I think my old place was snached up.

Anyway, I found an apartment on Palmerston for May 1. For the size of the apartment, it was on the high end of my price range, but the location and the nature of the building/apartment (small building, private deck, nice super) made it an easy decision.

Back