Urban Toronto - Powered by vBulletin
Project Essentials / dataBase – detailed project information, floor plans, renderings
Projects & Construction Thread  I  Real Estate Thread
140 Yorkville Avenue Condos
140 Yorkville Avenue, Toronto
Developer: Empire Communities, Greybrook Capital, First Capital Realty

Login to
post and
upload photos

Thread: 140 Yorkville Avenue (Empire, 40 + 3s, Richmond/Zeidler)

Hybrid View

Default 140 Yorkville Avenue (Empire, 40 + 3s, Richmond/Zeidler)

http://twitter.com/urbanation

Empire Communities purchases 140 Yorkville Avenue, just east of Avenue Road for $4.2 million, planning 38-storey tower with 342 units.

That's an awfully small property. I wonder what else they acquired along with it. If they've also got Avenue Rd. frontage I could see a 38s tower working, but if it's midblock on Yorkville they're going to have a real battle for that kind of height

Looks like it's the small commercial building next to the Hazelton. It's actually an interesting building with the split staircase and all, only ruined by the fact that one of those staircases leads to a Subway restaurant (using the term rather loosely). Something tells me this won't go up without a big fight.
    Last edited by Therion; 2012-Feb-10 at 20:08. Reason: Simulpost
    ---
    Therion's on Twitter: @tomtothiron

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Therion View Post
    Looks like it's the small commercial building next to the Hazelton. It's actually an interesting building with the split staircase and all, only ruined by the fact that one of those staircases leads to a Subway restaurant (using the term rather loosely). Something tells me this won't go up without a big fight.
    Gee, that just across the street and a couple feet east of the Four Seasons hotel (future Yorkville residence tower)...i cant see a big fight when just south, the city has approved the 2nd phase of Yorkdale Plaza, (39 storey)

Why do ppl continually confuse Yorkville with Yorkdale? Yorkdale is a low class boring shopping mall.

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by urbandreamer View Post
    Why do ppl continually confuse Yorkville with Yorkdale? Yorkdale is a low class boring shopping mall.
    Hahaha, youre right...my mistake

Quote Originally Posted by urbandreamer View Post
    try not to mock my favourite mall.

8. Default

Ok, you don't like malls, but you do realize Yorkdale has something like the highest sales per square foot of any mall in North America.