Urban Toronto - Powered by vBulletin
UrbanToronto News - the latest headlines
Demolition Begins to Clear Way at MOD's Massey Tower Site
ALSO

Thread: Asphalt of Toronto - Our Lost Parking Lots (aka Toronto in the Golden Age of Parking)

Hybrid View

Default Asphalt of Toronto - Our Lost Parking Lots (aka Toronto in the Golden Age of Parking)

Everyone bemoans the loss of our historic buidlings, but let's not forget our equally historic forever lost parking lots.

*Photos thanks to Mongo*

Last edited by hawc; 2012-Feb-09 at 18:21.

Any votes for most significant lots filled in the last 10 years? I'd personally vote for the one the FSCPA replaced, but Shangri-la's parking lot was also disgraceful. And the one the Met filled in was also a real street killer.

3. Default

Awesome! I found this thread while I was listening to Pavement.

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    Any votes for most significant lots filled in the last 10 years? I'd personally vote for the one the FSCPA replaced, but Shangri-la's parking lot was also disgraceful. And the one the Met filled in was also a real street killer.
    I always catch myself trying to remember what was torn down to make way for the Met, like there MUST have been some building there, and then slowly the memories come back... "Oh yeah, there was a parking lot there...WTF?!"

Some more images from other UT threads.

Courtesy thecharioteer:

Courtesy colbyb:

Last edited by Mongo; 2012-Feb-09 at 21:24.

These one's will soon be gone too.

Another image courtesy thecharioteer:

8. Default

These pictures would make a great coffee-table book: Toronto in the Golden Age of Parking.