674     2 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 937     0 

Meanwhile in bizarro Toronto...

Jonny5

Member Bio
Reaction score
Gingrich blasts subway riding "elites"

And here I thought downtown streetcar riders were elites. It turns out it was those subway riding suburbanites after all!

The pic below are real subway riding elite! The US senate has it's own private subway system connecting the Senate with local government office buildings. Even though he was only a rep, I'm sure as Speaker, and as a "large gentleman," he used this subway whenever he had to go to a Senator's office.

Ted+Stevens+Makes+Rounds+Capitol+Hill+One+dcYcmjjz0khl.jpg

Last edited:
Associating a supposed self-interested elite with public transportation is bizarre and out of touch. Unlike cars, transit is inclusive. A successful transit system is designed to be able to accommodate and move all parts of society. It's supposed to be affordable transportation that can work for everyone.

Last edited:
Now Rob Ford is calling the October, 2010 election a referendum against Transit City. I don't remember any question on Transit City on the ballot?

If I remember right, BOTH George Smitherman (289,832) AND Joe Pantalone (95,482) were FOR Transit City. Only Rob Ford (383,501) was AGAINST. 289,832 plus 95,482 equals 385,314 FOR Transit City.

So if 385,314 were for FOR Transit City but only 383,501 for AGAINST Transit City, how was the election a victory for the AGAINST people? Again, there was no actual question on the ballot.

Bizarro Toronto indeed.

Back