Urban Toronto - Powered by vBulletin
Project Essentials / dataBase detailed project information, floor plans, renderings
Projects & Construction Thread  I  Real Estate Thread
87 Peter (was Noir Condos)
87 Peter St, Toronto
Developer: Menkes Developments

Login to
post and
upload photos

Thread: 87 Peter (was Noir Condos, Peter n of King St, Menkes, 49s, Core)

Hybrid View

1. Default 87 Peter (was Noir Condos, Peter n of King St, Menkes, 49s, Core)

Chalk up one more for the Entertainment District

81 PETER ST
    OPA / Rezoning 12 115750 STE 20 OZ Ward 20
    - Tor & E.York Feb 1, 2012 --- --- --- ---
    Rezoning application for new mixed use building - commercial at grade - commercial parking garage on floors 2-4 and residential above. - 49 stories - 5 levels below grade parking - 189 residentil parking spaces - 103 commercial parking spaces - 546 residential units.
    Last edited by Automation Gallery; 2012-Feb-01 at 19:20.

Blog Entries

I've been wondering how long it would take someone to propose something for that lot. It's pretty sizable. I'm assuming the property is both the building and the parking lot right? Any idea who owns it?

oh yay, I hope as many downtown surface lots be filled with something during this round of boom as possible. There are too many of them wherever you walk!

I'd like to see some of these Entertainment District projects have significant retail components for a supermarket and/or useful big box retail (Ikea, Target, Home Depot, etc) like Tribute's Queen-Portland development. Probably won't happen here but for example, this lot is massive and would be quite suitable for such retail incorporated into the podium to service the growing number of area residents. Fresh & Wild is alright but is not enough. College Park (and vicinity) now has 3 supermarkets, while the nearest for ED residents is Cityplace or Queen/Portland. As thousands of new residents are moving into this district, there will be an increasing need for more amenities.
    Last edited by AlbertC; 2012-Feb-01 at 23:30.

Doesn't the building house a club presently?

Yeah, the lot his big enough to house some sizable retail at ground level.
    Last edited by gristle; 2012-Feb-01 at 22:57. Reason: spelling

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by gristle View Post
    Doesn't the building house a club presently?
    Yeah, Time Nightclub

Pic taken Feb 3, 2012

RM

Wow, how many new residents in that square 100 metres over the period of a few short years. Insane.