News   Mar 28, 2024
 177     0 
News   Mar 27, 2024
 1.9K     1 
News   Mar 27, 2024
 1.2K     2 

Bold Towns (837 Broadview n of Danforth, Buildcrest, 3s, Richard Wengle) COMPLETE

cruzin4u

Member Bio
Reaction score
I know this development is only 3s, but since Linea on Bayview is 3s - figured this development might fit in here. Looks like a pretty interesting development.

BOLD-TOWNS.jpg

http://www.bdtowns.com

Builder is BUILDCREST. Only other project they have listed is The Swanwick (http://www.buzzbuzzhome.com/developer/buildcrest)

Does anyone know where these are going? "Broadview and Danforth" encompasses a pretty wide area, and the project website doesn't give any details. How does one go about finding out details on a project like this -- would there be city applications available, or something similar?

Does anyone know where these are going? "Broadview and Danforth" encompasses a pretty wide area, and the project website doesn't give any details. How does one go about finding out details on a project like this -- would there be city applications available, or something similar?

Yeah, I made the mistake of going to their website for information too. Instead of anything remotely useful, I found Flash animation and annoying music that couldn't be turned off. If anybody happens to know the web designer for this project, please do me a personal favour and karate chop them in the throat. Thanks!

Yeah, I made the mistake of going to their website for information too. Instead of anything remotely useful, I found Flash animation and annoying music that couldn't be turned off.

Yep, I dunno what it is about condos and restaurants that produce such terribly unusable and uninformative websites.

It is in the exact location Redlom has mapped above. It's the site of a former Beer Store that has been used as a small pay parking lot for the last couple of years.

My guess would be half a block north of Broadview Espresso on the East side, approximately 840 Broadview Avenue.

Ah yes, the old paint store -- that's a good guess. Although the address would be 841 (or at least odd), since it is on the east side.

It's also a bit of a shame that there is no retail on the ground floor here -- I realize these are townhomes, but right now that section of Broadview is such a hodgepodge, and relatively pedestrian hostile, that some nice street level shops would be welcomed.

Last edited:
Yeah, I made the mistake of going to their website for information too. Instead of anything remotely useful, I found Flash animation and annoying music that couldn't be turned off.

My experience with the industry is flash with music you have a hard time turning off plus hot young people drinking a glass of wine is what most of the web developers and marketers for the industry understand.

Ah yes, the old paint store -- that's a good guess. Although the address would be 841 (or at least odd), since it is on the east side.

It's also a bit of a shame that there is no retail on the ground floor here -- I realize these are townhomes, but right now that section of Broadview is such a hodgepodge, and relatively pedestrian hostile, that some nice street level shops would be welcomed.

Drove by the site late yesterday, and ex-Para Paints has BD Towns signs up, so that's definitely the site.

Exact address is 837 Broadview Ave. Project will be only 14 townhomes...sales to begin in Feb.

What a waste of development site. He paid 2.9million for this site and will gross maybe 11 million on 14 townhouses, only to add to the fact that it's bland architecturally speaking. And I know urban_dreamer would back me on that opinion.

This avenue is ripe for development similar to Dundas Street West, while there hasn't been an avenue study on the area, I would guess that with proper political prowness they could go 6-8s here, especially with some retail on the bottom 1st floor.

The medical office building is 5 stories and wasn't met with any resistance. Again it might be a fight similar to Cube on college west but would set great precedence for the area.

I agree -- this strip is currently a bit of a mess, with some single-family houses, new commercial, old legacy business like auto shops, etc. etc. etc. I would really liked to have seen a street-level retail, to help tie the area together. This development is just more of the same hodge-podge.

What a waste of development site. He paid 2.9million for this site and will gross maybe 11 million on 14 townhouses, only to add to the fact that it's bland architecturally speaking. And I know urban_dreamer would back me on that opinion.

This avenue is ripe for development similar to Dundas Street West, while there hasn't been an avenue study on the area, I would guess that with proper political prowness they could go 6-8s here, especially with some retail on the bottom 1st floor.

The medical office building is 5 stories and wasn't met with any resistance. Again it might be a fight similar to Cube on college west but would set great precedence for the area.

how big is the site (L x W?) that they can build 14 THs ?

Back