Urban Toronto - Powered by vBulletin
UrbanToronto News - the latest headlines
Daily Headlines: News From the Internet for October 30, 2014
ALSO
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Future Toronto 3d model

Default Future Toronto 3d model

basic model of almost all future buildings for down-town Toronto done: many more obscure ones still to add. I uploaded them to Google earth, and, viola!

check out my future toronto renders, complete with colour coding of the stages of construction!

http://urbantoronto.ca/forum/showthr...ronto-3d-model

Nice work innsert. Quartz and Spectra are two fairly prominent ones that could be added along with library district condos to fill in the left foreground of your first screenshot

3. Default

hey innsert, do you mind showing an up close view over looking just the "downtown south" part. I'm curious to see how all the proposed developments fit into the area?

some updated renderings with a lot more buildings. still missing Mars II, the twins where the hilton garden inn is, and the old sapphire site.. whatever is going there. any more suggestions would be appreciated! One Bloor and Aura do not take into account their recent floor additions.

a pic of the model in sketchup, to show the sheer amount of construction going on in this city.

a closeup of southcore:

what future toronto will look like from NPS: (I'll do this again with the canada tower in it)

one of the old views but with cityplace filled in:

and some other new views:

Last edited by innsertnamehere; 2012-Jan-15 at 14:00.
    check out my future toronto renders, complete with colour coding of the stages of construction!

5. Default

this is great, thank you! How are you doing these, are you drawing the developments yourself or Google Earth has some kind of future projects feature?

I use google sketchup. i first locate where the building is, then take a "snapshot" from google earth of its location. I then make a model of it. then upload it to google earth! the first picture in my last post shows it in sketchup with all the geolocation pictures in it. (thats what it looks like when I'm making it)

That last pic is isane! Whereabouts would that vantage point be?

close to jones and gerrard. (probably about 100 feet above the ground)

9. Default

Red = proposal
    Green = U/C
    A bunch of constructed buildings such as Pantages and Spire were missing so I tried to ad those that I noticed. Also I'm sure I missed a bunch of U/C or proposed buildings. This view shows everything within front to Bloor, and Jarvis across to University. Most of the red is just massing.

If you see something missing, please let me know. Also I'm not putting in any speculation proposals.

10. Default

Alright I made the fixes.

Built

Under Construction

Proposed

Fantasy

awesome job! i cant wait for some of these to become realityi love that fantasy building at yonge and bloor aswell.
    come check out my photography!

http://www.thisissodapop.com/

pure awesome!

love the shift of attention that Yonge Street is gonna get with all these upcoming proposals.. i even forgot about the 150m bay street canyon for a second there!

Just made my day. I like the fantasy building in the cbd @ im guessing yonge and adelaide???

is that meant to be a triangular floorplate or a square? hard to tell
    Images are not to be reprinted, reposted or used for any purposes whatsoever outside of the Urban Toronto forum without my express consent. Contact me via the following:

Website - Flickr Photostream - Twitter

Default OK Picture this @ 900 1000 foot!

This would be a cool ass tower.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

15. Default

These are simply amazing, I had no idea Google Earth could let you do so much with one snapshot. Enjoyed watching these future models. This is what GTA needs!

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast