News   Apr 19, 2024
 36     0 
News   Apr 18, 2024
 724     0 
News   Apr 18, 2024
 6.9K     2 

Dellwood Park Towns (1236 Cawthra Rd, Sierra Building Group, 4s, ?)

drum118

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
Dec 24
It will be interesting to see if this project fly's, considering the numbers that have been shot down for this site to date.

The house at the corner has been torn down and a temporary parking lot for the church is being built.

Prefer to see something taller, but it will help to increase density for the area and transit.
6599146187_2827666b8c_b.jpg

6599145153_b4524d21d7_b.jpg

6599143429_0b00d0433d_b.jpg

6599142367_4f33e9b464_b.jpg

6599141505_418bfc95c3_b.jpg

http://www.dailycommercialnews.com/cgi-bin/top10.pl?rm=show_top10_project&id=44c96b365336a3b3194b2edda26710fc25a5d356&projectid=9148570&region=ontario

CONDOMINIUM APARTMENT BUILDING, RETAIL Proj: 9148570-1
Mississauga, Peel Reg ON CONTEMPLATED
1236 Cawthra Rd, L5G 4T7
$25,000,000 est
Note: Owner's representative has applied for both rezoning and Mississauga Official Plan amendment approval. Schedules for design, tender, and construction are not known at this time. Further update spring 2012.
Owner of this project is Windcatcher Development Corporation.
Project: proposed construction of a 4-storey condominium apartment building containing 138 units and retail on the ground level.
Scope: 4 storeys; 138 units
Development: New
Category: Apartment bldgs; Retail, wholesale services
Consultant Complete information is available to subscribers. Click HERE to find out how to subscribe.
Owner's representative Complete information is available to subscribers. Click HERE to find out how to subscribe.
This report Thu Jan 05, 2012.

Mod's, Michael Spaziani Architect Inc of MSAi is the architect for this project and I have obtain a rendering of the building from him.

At the meeting last week, NIMBY's was at it best to kill this project 100% to the point they only wanted single or semi's homes here. They are willing to live with the 20 townhouse that can fit this property.

The developer has removed the retail based on the comments at the meeting and that's a mistake. There is only 6 surface parking spots and these NIMBY's fear cars will be parked on Atwater and having the students from the school hanging out here if this retail stay in.

138 parking spots for the 138 units and 45 visitors parking spots. 49% of the property will be green space and having a density of only 2.5. Only one level of underground parking is allow, since the building is in the flood plain.

This is the first development by the developer and has purchased 3 of the 4 remain property south of this one with no plans to develop the land at this time. I would say he waiting to see if this project flies and if so, he will do the same type of development there as this one, considering it is only zone for townhouses now.

This is a great infill project and I like the design. The only flaw with it, it should be another 2-6 storey taller.

As it was mention in another thread, need to tear some of these single homes down for taller buildings and this is one area to start with. I have a photo of what the area looks like now and how this project will fit in.

My first house was 3 blocks east of here, that was built my Jack in 1919. It wasn't square to the property line nor most of the rooms were square. My older sister lives at the end of Atwater to the west to the point if you fail to stop at the stop sign, you drive into her house. A few cars have done this over the years.

Traffic is an issue to the point MT school Specials buses are parked on Atwater for 20 minutes, blocking the flow of traffic. Various photos were produce showing this. Then on Sunday, the church becomes a bottle neck with cars parked on both side of the road. Jaywalking by the students is another issue.

The ward councilor supports this development and it didn't sit well with the NIMBY's folks.

Starting price is about $225,000.
7039503917_50cd2fb55e_b.jpg

7039504795_bb46cd466e_b.jpg

6893405158_38182ce330_b.jpg

6893405988_b1765e6e8e_b.jpg

A large curb cut for site access took place this past week (April 2013). Hopefully we will see site works sooner rather then later.

Why is the retail on the side instead of the corner? Blooming idiocy if you ask me, but I guess the parking lot has something to do with it.

Anyone walking in this area is already used to walking long distances, so no big deal if it's not at the corner. If you're driving however, you need the retail close to the parking especially for the mobility challenged.

The retail has been removed due to the NIMBY's.

Walk two block east, a few stores that been there since the 50's.

Excavator delivered to site today,sorry no picture. I wonder how extensive its work will be. A simple demolition of the existing building? Some grading or other minor works?

It appears they are using the existing building for the sales centre. They have completed grading and some interlocking stone work in front of the building.

Taking to Architect tonight, this project is "DEAD"

Its a shame it die as it was a nice 4s building that should have been 6-8s, but then the area has already 2 site that have been dead for decades.

With the townhouse under construction at the Lakeshore as well The District of Lakeview, these site may finally get built

Nov 5
MODS Note Change
Going by the site today, a new sign up for Dellwood Park by Sierre Building Group as 3s/4s Townhouses starting at $400,000

dellwoodpark.ca with the site plan

This goes hand in hand with the site down the street by Queenscorp (Cawthra South) Inc 154 townhouses

Nov 5
MODS Note Change
Going by the site today, a new sign up for Dellwood Park by Sierre Building Group as 3s/4s Townhouses starting at $400,000

dellwoodpark.ca with the site plan

This goes hand in hand with the site down the street by Queenscorp (Cawthra South) Inc 154 townhouses

While on the Lakeshore West Train today I spotted a crane at the corner of Cawthra and Atwater. Do you know if it would be for this project?

Back