News   Mar 28, 2024
 62     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 544     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 352     0 

Which Toronto office building would you like to see undergo a vertical expansion?

Which Toronto office bldg (<500') would you like to see undergo a vertical expansion?

• 2 Bloor Steet West

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bank of Nova Scotia Building

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Cadillac Fairview Tower

• College Park Building

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • Dundee Place

• Ernst and Young Tower

• One Queen Street East

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Royal Bank Plaza (North)

• Sun Life Centre (East/West)

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DarkSideDenizen

Member Bio
Reaction score
Having given some thought to this question before, and with the recent announcement that The Atrium On Bay is to undergo a modest expansion, and that work on the RioCan Centre at Yonge-Eglinton to begin soon, I thought it would be fun to ask:

Which Toronto office building (<500') would you like to see undergo a vertical expansion? Of course, there are many factors concerning feasibility, however for the sake of argument, let us assume that for this poll it would be possible.

Last edited:
Why would anyone want to vertically expand an existing building? But I am thinking, the Telus building should have been taller!

I'm a little surprised that the Royal Bank and PWC towers announced for Queen's Quay and the area south of the tracks are each only 30 stories high. It seems like a bit of a short-sighted underutilization of very prime land.

I don't know if I'm just mixing it up with the College Park story, but I'm almost certain I read somewhere that the Toronto Hydro building on Carlton was originally designed to accommodate a large tower. Even if it wasn't, I'd love to see it become the base for something iconic. It's got such a strong street presence, and there's plenty of room to expand to the north as well. It's really one of the city's unsung gems.

Back