Toronto ConneXion | ?m | ?s | North Star | TACT Architecture

mrezwayz

UT Member
Member Bio
Reaction score
Received a memo from Urban planners that they are proposing 7 storey, 163 unit lower rise condominium building on the lands that is .59 hectare or 1.46 acre at north side of Fieldway Road between Allerton Road and Carysford Road. It is interesting to see Fieldway Road is being redeveloped from industrial site to mixed-use purposes including residential condominium apartment buildings.

More info to follow once community meeting held on December 7th.

mrezwayz , you live in the network lofts?

I too got the memo yesterday evening. I will be attending the meeting next week. It's interesting to see all this new development in this area. I also like the fact of living near a Film studio. I get to see them filming Resident Evil from my unit :)

I am not talking about Westwood Condos that is owned by Alterra which is on 8 Fieldway Road. I am talking about a new condominium being proposed on 26-30 Fieldway Road.

radioheadmike, Yeah I live at the Network Lofts.

I attended the meeting and wow, it was quite interesting. It will bring a major changes to the area. It seems everyone was pleased with it and agreed with the developer to go ahead with the project. I wish I took some pictures and my iphone battery died... I hope someone did to share with others. :(

radioheadmike - I feel we are being settled in newest part of Hollywood area in Toronto - Fieldway Road! For sure, we will be seeing a lots of them filming on scene! ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
zxtclw.jpg

Site came up for sale at 8.7 MIL

If the meeting just happened and it was a pretty positive view -- I don't see why they would be selling now.

Application costs are expensive and trying to sell the project early on doesn't seem to be the best strategy.

All this development tucked away on Fieldway, but about what about the Beer Store site right on Bloor across from the subway? Now there's a site practically begging to be erased and I'm sick of waiting.

All this development tucked away on Fieldway, but about what about the Beer Store site right on Bloor across from the subway? Now there's a site practically begging to be erased and I'm sick of waiting.

That whole area on Bloor just west of Islington needs couple of high rise condos and office buildings with street level shops. Currently it is a waste land with the TTC parking, random white standalone building that houses an insurance company, and the beer store.

From what I understood, the owner of the property hired an architectural design firm to come up with the initial designs and blue prints of the building. Currently they are looking for a developer to undertake this project.

I apologize if I got the information wrong.

Direct Energy I beleive rents this building.

Both properties are separate owners.

Back