367     1 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 716     0 

Supertall and near-Supertall Rumour/Speculation Thread

yyzer

Member Bio
Reaction score
100+ Storey Condo for Yorkville

a juicy rumour tweeted by @buzzbuzzhome, and comments from his website...this is speculative, with no address or further info known, and it is just a /rumour/....so mods, if you feel this is inappropriate for a thread at this time, please feel free to delete....I just think it might be fun to discuss until more is known....does anyone have any further info on this?

Has anyone heard about the 100+ storey condo coming to Toronto in Yorkville?
Quote and Reply

Matthew wrote: BuzzStaff
82 Connections
1018 Posts #4 Posted : today at 05:28 PM
^^Great question. I heard the rumour about 2 months ago. [In fact, I may have helped fuel it a bit while asking industry people if there was any truth to it].

As of yet, I have not heard anyone confirm the rumour.

That said, if true, there are only 2 locations in Yorkville that I could imagine it going.

edit: my guess for the site would be 1 Bloor W...

Last edited:
SUPERTALL! lol

it would be great to see this, and i think it would be good to see Toronto's new tallest in Yorkville rather than downtown. with 1 bloor and the new 4 seasons, it wouldn't look out of place anymore, like it would have 5 years ago.

Depending where you draw the boundaries of Yorkville this could also be the parking lot at Church/Bloor, the old Four Seasons site, an assembly of the properties at Balmuto/Bloor, a ROM condo redux, NW corner of Bay/Scollard, NE corner of Bay/Scollard, a revamped Cumberland Terrace proposal, a new Holt Renfrew Centre proposal...

Realistically I can't see a 100+ storey condo in Yorkville in this cycle. Maybe 10 years from now once the Four Seasons, One Bloor, and Aura are the new normal

This would be my first choice. I'll bet one company owns all that property from Scollard north to the existing condo. And they aren't demolishing that building for no reason.

bay100.jpg

This could be entirely true, but it's probably not. The best place for something like this would be the southwest corner of Bloor and Yonge.

This would be my first choice. I'll bet one company owns all that property from Scollard north to the existing condo. And they aren't demolishing that building for no reason.

bay100.jpg

Sure they are. They are making it a parking lot

Yeah, the rumour's not for the existing Four Seasons site, and it wouldn't make sense on that lot between the new Four Seasons and The Florian: the PTA at Jesse Ketchum School would go bananas. And it's not another height increase for One Bloor: that is going to 70 storeys, as we have been reporting for months (and is now being confirmed publicly). The rumour does centre around Bloor Street though, somewhere west of Yonge - that's all I can report - sorry!

Yeah, the rumour's not for the existing Four Seasons site, and it wouldn't make sense on that lot between the new Four Seasons and The Florian: the PTA at Jesse Ketchum School would go bananas. And it's not another height increase for One Bloor: that is going to 70 storeys, as we have been reporting for months (and is now being confirmed publicly). The rumour does centre around Bloor Street though, somewhere west of Yonge - that's all I can report - sorry!

Either 1 Bloor West block (including the Scotiabank) or on top of Holts.

Back