Urban Toronto - Powered by vBulletin
UrbanToronto News - the latest headlines
Hard Hat Tour of Ryerson University's Student Learning Centre
ALSO
Page 19 of 32 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Thread: Supertall and near-Supertall Rumour/Speculation Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Automation Gallery View Post
    As far as im concerned this sounds to me like a 91 storey structure
    ....It will include one 83-storey residential tower rising from an 8-storey commercial podium
    The last line of the application says, "Proposed Storeys 83".

Now that 50 Bloor Street West is old news, isn't there anything else speculated for the Yorkville area? Wasn't there mention of a twin tower development or 100-storeys+

I'm not insinuating that I know about another supertall; just curious about what else may be out there.

Quote Originally Posted by valkoholic View Post
    Prediction - 83 floors and an architect that will scare the bejesus out of the architectural critics on this forum.
    Amazing guess if this was indeed a guess! Fess up! Did you have some advance info on this one?

Putting a spire like Trump's on this thing will almost assure supertall status.

Quote Originally Posted by 67Cup View Post
    Amazing guess if this was indeed a guess! Fess up! Did you have some advance info on this one?
    Well played valkoholic! I'm curious to know your "prediction" about near supertall(s) on lands legally known as 2 Bloor Street West, specially the southwest corner of Yonge and Cumberland?
    Last edited by fedplanner; 2012-Mar-30 at 20:12.

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by fedplanner View Post
    Well played valkoholic! I'm curious to know your "prediction" about near supertall(s) on lands legally known as 2 Bloor Street West, specially the southwest corner of Yonge and Cumberland?
    There is something brewing, somewhere on Yonge street

Quote Originally Posted by Mongo View Post
    WhipperSnapper has a solid reputation on SSP for sticking close to the facts. He is not known for spreading baseless rumours or speculation.

SYNERGY CONDOS 100s+ SUPERTALL

http://exclusivetorontolistings.com/...y/building/192

This is a very interesting read. Morguard, the owners of Holt, filed an appeal with the OMB in 2010 over the city's approval of Oxford's two-tower redevelopment of Cumberland Terrance. Morguard was grasping to find any excuse they could to derail the tower component because they believed it would have a negative impact on their business interests. The appeal was withdrawn before the OMB held hearings, and Morguard has since had a chance of heart with its 83-storey tower proposal for 50 Bloor Street West.

Now Oxford, owners of Cumberland Terrance, is likely in pre-application discussions with the city about submitting a new application above and beyond their originally approved development back in 2010. They will be pointing to Morguard as a precedent, but they may not need all that height and density. Cumberland Terrance is a very tricky site; I believe the subway runs underneath it. The final height and design for the Cumberland Terrance redevelopment has likley yet to be determined, so we'll just have to wait until an official application is submitted for 2 Bloor Street West to the city (unless someone is in the know and wants to spill the beans now). If one day Automation Gallery posts a development application for 2 Bloor Street West, but it's all blank like Holt was, give me a ring.

However, as has been discussed Oxford has deep experience building over tracks (Hudson Yards) and possibly the tracks south of Front Street. So I dont imagine building over the subway system would be insurmountable. In fact with two similar technical challenges they could tackle at the same time.
    Last edited by buildup; 2012-May-08 at 21:39.

Maybe they could practice by building over the Allen expressway lol

With any luck Cityplace's architectural competition for its Signature Tower will shame other developers of 70+ projects to follow suit.

Quote Originally Posted by buildup View Post
    With any luck Cityplace's architectural competition for its Signature Tower will shame other developers of 70+ projects to follow suit.
    Has that been confirmed, cuz last I heard it was just a rumour. (I hate to get my hopes on anything design related in this city for fear of the inevitable crushing disappointment.)

I saw this in the News section of UT.

PLEASEEEEEEE let it be true!! Imagine, FINALLY having our own super tall! I also heard an on line rumor (lost the web page link, figures!) about a super tall at the still vacant 45 Bay street site? Hummmmmmmm.......anyone??

Just read its being built in North York? NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

http://www.newcondomart.com/properties/synergy-condos

Hope I'm mistaken, or they are! Why build a super tall so far away from downtown?? If it's being built there, why bother?!

Quote Originally Posted by Hanlansboy View Post
    Just read its being built in North York? NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

http://www.newcondomart.com/properties/synergy-condos

Hope I'm mistaken, or they are! Why build a super tall so far away from downtown?? If it's being built there, why bother?!
    I highly doubt they will build a tall let alone a supertall at that location.

Page 19 of 32 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast