Toronto IT Lofts | 24.99m | 7s | Worsley Urban | RAW Design

Finally that brownfield will die! I just hope it won't be some faux POS lacking retail...

Something like 2 Gladstone would be awesome for this infill site. College Street has a pretty continuous streetscape, but starts to lose consistency west of Ossington. Filling in this blemish will greatly improve the western part of this street.

Last edited:
Finally that brownfield will die! I just hope it won't be some faux POS lacking retail...

What! You don't like 'Victorian' town homes? Lol. Given their popularity as infill, I think your fears are grounded....

Btw - what was here before?

I believe that the site was a gas station before. I really hope that nothing faux will be proposed also - but I do believe as well that the proposal for College and Ossington that included faux design was not successful: "The Classics" just became "Block" if I am not mistaken. I don't think that the potential clients here want to buy faux; they are looking for sleek modern design, I hope.

Attachments

• wsite-classics0_1304842cl-8.jpg
    wsite-classics0_1304842cl-8.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 1,249
  • contemporary_architecture_par_img.jpg
    contemporary_architecture_par_img.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 4,429
Last edited:
Here are some sites in the relevant range to be considered Little Italy that I have in mind that would be excellent for new development (without altering any of the existent built form on College):

-College/Bathurst SW corner, although this seems like a boutique project so unlikely for this large site
-Parking lot beside the Latvian House (I believe the LV was/is still for sale?)
-Parking lot beside the LCBO (bit east of Manning Ave)
-College/Crawford SE corner, current auto garage
-College/Roxton SE corner, tarped up mess beside Cube Lofts

Nice.....Ahh, now i know exacly where this is ...s/west corner of Rushlome and College (former gas station location) and next to Bairrada Churrasqueira Grill,
one of the best portuguese food joints in the city, with an amazing backyard patio.
This project looks like an identical twin to Q-Lofts on Queen St. West...anyone know if it is the same developer?

*phew*! I'm so relieved to see a nice contemporary design here rather than the faux that I was dreading (since there is some on this stretch already). Perfect for College Street. More please!

There's a recently cleared brownfield site SW of here at Dundas West/Sheridan Ave that could also use one of these quality infill buildings.

Back