Mississauga Nola Port Credit | 53.34m | 15s | FRAM + Slokker | Giannone Petricone

drum118

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
This project will be under the control of FRAM Building group for F.S. 6810 Limited Partnership. It is one block west of Hurontario St, north of the Lakeshore with the Funeral Home on the corner.

The project will contain commercial units on Anne St, with driveway entrance from High St.

The 2 buildings, plus the parking lots for the Funeral Home north of it on Anne St to High St, as well 71 High St, will be part of this project. I am assuming the area behind 69 High St is part of it since the plan show the development behind it with the building staying there. I am assuming the first building is 4 since I see no number on it and there is a 2 on the Funeral Home. 10 is on the last house.

There is to be 140 units in this building that will have small set back for each floor. The plan shows a curve edge starting from a small area to the south and expand to the full width about mid way toward High St.

This is the first posting I have seen on this project. I expect to see the NIMBY going after this one like they have for the other building so far.

Photos to follow

Yeah the rendering is here, roughly in the centre of their project list: http://gpaia.com/ (It's been on their site for a few months, maybe longer. I posted it on twitter some time ago...but to lazy to post here sorry, until now.)

Screenshot:
4annstreetframgiannonep.jpg

Looks great as proposed!

Last edited:
Nov 07 photo of existing site
6325927273_020b05ffbd_b.jpg

6326692722_2efb49e441_b.jpg

6326678728_cc7492a1c9_b.jpg

6325929565_ec5c6fcb0e_b.jpg

This part of 69 High St is to be part of this development
6326696376_9d92f66572_b.jpg

6326690646_73c6dea229_b.jpg

Really liking the attention paid to detail on many of the buildings going up in Mississauga these days. Kudos to Fram on another great project for Port Credit!

No "E" in the Ann.

9567844.jpg

FRAM Building Group is proposing to develop a 17-22 storey condo tower on the portion of the block immediately behind (north of) the Skinner & Middlebrook Funeral Home located at 128 Lakeshore Road East (satellite map). The proposed condo building would occupy the area of the present attached residence at #6 Ann Street, the adjacent parking lot at #8 Ann Street and the house at #10 Ann Street (at High Street).

http://portcreditresidents.com/developments.html

With additional renderings of more PC retail/residential projects.

That looks pretty good. Port Credit is developing quite well with decent architecture and urban scaled buildings. Pound for pound, much better than MCC IMO.

There will be a Public meeting for this project on Monday Dec 3 at Mississauga City Hall at 7 pm.

I am sure the NIMBY folks will be in well oil voice opposing this building regardless how it looks or fit in the area.

I like the design of the building.

The backlash for this project was a lot less than I thought it would get at Monday night meet. It was about a 50-50 split which is very rare for this area.

Totally support it and would like to see the parking requirement lower than the proposed .9 per unit down from the city requirement of 1.25-1.4.

The argument for less parking is based on the fact its only a 300m walk to the GO station and 100m to Lakeshore to catch transit. They forgot the bus stop across the street for all the buses, except for 103.

The owners of those building next to this project on High St where crying the blues about the fumes and noise of the ramp, but the fact they weren't offer more money for the land. They stated they were not making money on the unites and looking for a better return for the land.

Then the 2 owners of the funnel home were crying the blues that the 17 spots being allow in the new development wasn't enough was a laugh, considering the 3rd partner sold 6 Ann to Fram that was the main parting area for 37 spots. When it open a 100 years ago, there was no such thing as cars and there was no need for land for them. They had train service as well streetcar service.

People were saying it should only be 15 storey and that is less than what there now.

Some of Council had issues with the density on the less than a acre of land that was at 3.2, since they don't like it over 3. Time to get real on the density number, as the cost of the land is going to drive it up, but most of all, it should be around 10 these day, but most of all the location. 22 is fine and its down from the proposed 25.

Another nice non square box.

I wonder if some of the 60s-era low- and high-rise buildings in the area are going to be long for this world as the condos move in. They've certainly seen better days.

The only negative about this is that the funeral home is staying where it is on Lakeshore, and once this goes in, it will make it that much tougher to improve the corner if some day the funeral home does move on.

The City refused this application on June 24 and it will be going to the OMB.

Lack of parking for the funeral home as well being 7 floors taller were the main issue. Tuff for the funeral home if one of the partners sold the current parking lot to the developer. Fram is prepare to offer some free parking, but not up to them to supply parking to the funeral home in the first place. The NIMBY's is well in hand trying to kill most things in this area that will only benefit a few people in the first place.

Again council has gone against staff recommendations as well the supporting review from the Urban Design Review Panel. The city will loose this one since there are already 22 storey buildings in the area.

I guess it time to start triple the tax bill if these NIMBY folks want their way, not having the city residents having to pay for their life style.

I've added a dataBase file for this project, which you'll find up top, with some pleasant enough renderings of this rather sculptural Giannone Petricone design.

The OMB hearing for this case - PL130153 - starts on November 25.

OMB rejects rezone request for Port Credit condo

http://www.mississauga.com/news-story/4325408-omb-rejects-rezone-request-for-port-credit-condo/
MISSISSAUGA — A request by FRAM Building Group to rezone lands in Port Credit to allow it to build a 140-unit, 22-storey condominium building has been rejected by the Ontario Municipal Board.

In a ruling released on Friday, the OMB refused to rezone the lands at 6, 8 and 10 Ann St. to allow construction of the condo building, which would also have had commercial space at street level and surface parking.

"The Board finds that the proposal does not achieve the overall intent, goals, objectives and specific policies of Mississauga Official Plan or polices of either Mississauga Plan or the Area Plan," read the ruling. "The proposal is of a height, scale, massing and density that is excessive for the site and does not provide an adequate height transition to adjacent low-rise buildings. The proposed development does not represent good land use planning and is not in the public interest. If approved, it would serve to erode the Port Credit village character by undermining the policy direction that the City has set for this unique neighbourhood and set a disruptive precedent for similar development proposals."

City of Mississauga planning staff had been opposed to the proposed development.

Officials with the Town of Port Credit Association have been against the plan to build the condo building. In the spring of 2012, TOPCA president Mary Simpson told The News that allowing such a tall building would set a dangerous precedent and she worried it would lead to a "wall" of large condos in Port Credit.

"Yay. Once in a while things go right for the citizens," tweeted TOPCA vice-president Dorothy Tomiuk after hearing about the OMB's decision.

Back