Vaughan 77 Woodstream | 52.8m | 15s | 77 Woodstream Inc | KFA

AlbertC

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
http://allegracondos.com

Deadly condo babe, but ugly building. Near Martin Grove and "7".

allegra.png

Last edited:
Yeah it's not the prettiest of buildings and apparently its the same owner/developer that's doing Volare down the street at Highway 7 and Kipling.

However, I must say anything and I mean anything, is better than what's there right now:
hwy7woodstream.jpg

Really, this presents an oppurtunity for suburban families to live a condominuim life and it brings MUCH, MUCH needed density to Woodbridge which is developing a nice cluster of midrise condo developments. No it isn't downtown and it isn't going to be but this is a fine project in its context.

^ I find that mindset unsettling. Why should geographic location determine quality of architecture? It's precisely because of this ambivalence that the suburbs conitnue to get garbage proposed of this very ilk. Why shouldn't it be held to a higher standard? Why shouldn't it have aspirations to be more like downtown? That's exactly the kind of change these areas desperately need.

First off I should apologize for my rash response to your first post, Towered . I had become quite fed up with the complaints which are so frequent on these boards, on the contrary most recent projects do deserve some. However it can often seem as though much of the chorus of discontent is mere whining.

I can certainly see your point but it may be impractical for the kinds of development which you see downtown to be built here as the unfortunate reality in the suburbs is that you cannot walk everywhere but you do need a car and therefore development is often based around that idea- a pity for sure but an unfortunate reality of city building. Although an environment like downtown is desirable it is not always possible. What I see here is a chance for families to live the condo lifestyle at a more affordable price than they might find downtown. Intensification will come with time to be sure but I think this is a good start.

I think this allegra condo is beautiful. Woodbridge is a great area. and the condos the finishes are going to be all upgrades from what I hear

allegra condo is really beautiful..mine favorite..its so nice to visit here a nice thread. Am so impressed with your such a good hard work, its definitely a good and diferent idea for others, you guys are doing good work good luck, keep it up..:)

i find it really insulting that nova trimax would hire people to come on here to pretend they are regular people who just like the building. When its someones first or third post and all it does is praise a building red flags go off to us urbantoronto members. plus doesnva trimax think that we are more likely to purchase a unit if a couple people like the building. Thats insane. First off no one likes your building and second of all most of us hate your suburban location. When i opened the thread i was hoping ths would be in vaughan city centre, alas its simply even more country then that. If im going to buy in the country ill buy a farm thanks. stop spamming on a good web site.

To be honest sixrings, this isn't too far from VCC -- maybe 10 minutes west of it. However, your post is correct as those post were annoying to read!

There are alot of mid-low rise project going on in that area that includes, Highway 7 and Kipling, Highway 7 and Islington and Woodbridge Ave. Actually -- not that many would care -- but the developments going on Woodbridge Ave. (or "Old Woodbridge") are quite impressive and maybe I'll post them up.

To be honest sixrings, this isn't too far from VCC -- maybe 10 minutes west of it. However, your post is correct as those post were annoying to read!

There are alot of mid-low rise project going on in that area that includes, Highway 7 and Kipling, Highway 7 and Islington and Woodbridge Ave. Actually -- not that many would care -- but the developments going on Woodbridge Ave. (or "Old Woodbridge") are quite impressive and maybe I'll post them up.

you may be right but it doesnt change the suspicious nature of these posts. mods watch these two like a hawk. I really dont want to be reading posts like solaris more often then i should. id much rather the posts of trumptoronto which are informative and honest about where the posts are coming from. pretending not to work for the project but then posting only good comments is insulting to urbantoronto readers.

Six, one of them has already been banned, and yes, Wow will get the boot to if their future posts bear out your suspicion.

Back