Toronto Local at Fort York | 52.42m | 15s | Onni Group | P + S / IBI

Overall, this will end up as the best looking development complex in the western harbourfront/Fort York area. Finally a step in the right direction, after so much missed opportunity. Onni seems to have a decent portfolio in their Vancouver-area projects. Most of those urban high-rises have retail at podium and make street interaction a priority. Onni's Westlake will add some much needed retail to HBS, and is probably the only project out there with decent street presence. Too bad Lanterra, Pure Plaza, and Malibu didn't share the same initiatives for their waterfront disasters...

From the brochure:

yardssz.png

Travis, I agree. I'm pretty sure once this entire project is finished, it will be tops in that area.

the location in the rendering looks a tad off - is block 4 beside LTD? if so, i'm assuming this isn't the view from bathurst....hopefully there is retail in addition to those town homes...the nail salons and dry cleaners in the area aren't doing it for me (however, i do have lovely nails and nicely pressed shirts as a result...)

This latest phase, Local at Fort York is one block west of Onni's previous phase, The Yard at Fort York ... LTD is in fact located immediately south of The Yards @ Fort York ... Block 4 is north side of Bruyeres Mews between Grand Magazine Street and Iannuzzi Street

For reference, Plazacorp's York Harbour Club (WHC3) will be located to the west side opposite Grand Magazine Street

Fort York Neighbourhood Context Map:

Click to Enlarge

Back