Toronto DUKE Condos | 25.91m | 7s | TAS | BDP Quadrangle

AlbertC

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
http://www.gordperks.ca/park_post/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/2803-Dundas-Notice.pdf

2797 & 2803 Dundas Street West

The proposed redevelopment is a mixed-use residential building with a podium height of 5 storeys along Dundas Street West stepping up and back to 7 storeys. The proposed redevelopment will have a mix of single, one bedroom and two bedroom units, retail/commercial space along Dundas Street West and Indian Grove and two levels of underground parking.

According to Urbanation, the developer is TAS Design Build.

Nice!! Finally that terrible brownfield where the historic building was needlessly destroyed will be replaced. Don't know why it's taken so long.

Architecture by RAW Architects. Urban design consultant is Brook McIlroy. Keep an eye on this one. It is going to be a beautiful, precedent setting mid-rise building for Toronto's Avenues.

Yeah looks fantastic here! http://breakingprojects.com/junctioneer/

20-10-2011-3-13-02-PM.png

20-10-2011-3-13-20-PM.png

The proposal includes retail frontage along Dundas Street West, with individual townhouse unit entrances (2 storey units) along Indian Grove, and the expansion of the rear lane and partial conversion to a residential muse with studio apartments fronting directly onto the lane. The mechanical is proposed to be wrapped in a residential uses (2 storey units).

This looks excellent. The window to wall ratio looks really nice, the retail on the ground floor looks good, and I like the idea of wrapping residential around the mechanical. Great idea.

http://www.insidetoronto.com/news/local/article/1230215--condos-planned-for-old-mcbride-cycle-site

Condos planned for old McBride Cycle site

LISA RAINFORD|Oct 21, 2011 - 4:09 PM

The proposed redevelopment is a mixed-use residential building with a podium height of five storeys along Dundas Street West, stepping up and back to seven storeys. The proposed complex will have a mix of single, one- and two-bedroom units, retail and commercial space along Dundas Street West and Indian Grove and two levels of underground parking.

"The feeling in the community is that this is a proposal they can work with," he said.

The Junction Residents' Association calls this new proposed development "key to the revitalization effort for this area of the Junction."

It does look awesome, and will do wonders for Dundas east of Keele, which gets dodgy very quickly.

It's nice, but could use a splash of colour.
I love The Junction and can't wait for it's gentrification! ..or can I?
I hope the Streetcar eventually returns to this well-deserving hood!

I'm excited about this development as it seems well thought out. I hope the final product will have double-height ceilings for the retail spaces because it looks grander and more inviting, and tenants have more versatility for their space. I also want to see some decent cladding for the white sections of the facade, not basic precast or spandrels. Some natural stone would look great.

I sort of get why this is appealing at this location but I have a few problems with it. #1 being the scale is out of line with the street and neighbourhood and the architecture does not fit in at all. After a series of thoughtful 3-4 story brick developments farther on west on Dundas that have worked out rather well I don't believe we need a 7 story glass structure that looks like it's been transplanted from space.

I like the use of space but this development is a total game-changer for the neighbourhood.. I guess where you stand on that depends on what you want the neighbourhood to be. Personally I don't want another queen west in the junction. I like the small scale with small shops and low rents. It's why I moved here.

Back