News   Apr 16, 2024
 281     0 
News   Apr 15, 2024
 1.2K     0 
News   Apr 15, 2024
 2.4K     6 

Layout opinion - 8 Gladstone

Pros: facing Queen, decent living and dining space, little wasted space

Cons: interior bedroom, long and narrow entrance does not give the best first impression, building without many units = higher maintenance fees in the long run (may not be your concern if you sell within first couple of years)

I personally don't know the area that well. To me anything west of bathurst makes it hard to walk to the downtown core. So do people living in that area take public transport to the core?

Very compact unit, but efficient. I don't like interior bedrooms but for a unit of this size and shape, it is unavoidable.
Good price, and the neighborhood is quickly improving. It is a bit too far west for my liking but it seems a lot of people are warming up to this area. People are already moving into the Bohemian Embassy Condos nearby, with a lot of rentals available.

The only downside is it's on the 2nd floor which is closer to the noise of the street; traffic and people, especially on weekends and when the bars empty out to the east. The area gets a little more sketchy further west, on the other side of the bridge.
Also being on the 2nd floor you are pretty much at the same level as the railway bridge that goes over Queen Street just to the west. Not a very pretty sight and the noise from trains could be an issue.

Back