News   Apr 19, 2024
 634     2 
News   Apr 19, 2024
 1K     3 

Synergy Condos DEAD

androiduk

Member Bio
Reaction score
http://exclusivetorontolistings.com/shop-toronto-condos/synergy-condos-synergy-condos-toronto-synergy/building/192

Capturesyn.JPG

Last edited:
Repeating raptor's post:

From @BuzzBuzzHome at Tiwtter:
Hearing that Synergy Condos is going to be 100+ storeys, with an unknown developer to Toronto from the UAE.

*whistle* Damn, 100 stories? Looks like my dreams of a 1000 foot plus building in Canada is finally coming true :D. But I am skeptical, the UAE has been through some nasty times in it's real estate and I'm concerned this developer is proposing a white elephant.

I'm worried about the pricepoint for this..... sounds really cheap for a 100+ floor building. unless the condo described is something like 300 square feet.

Ya, that pricepoint is far too low for a tower that would cost a minimum of 400 to 500 million dollars to construct.

With that reasoning they would have to sell five hundred 1 million dollar plus units just to break even.

starting at 279k, Im guessing the smallest unit would be somewhere between 475 and 550 square feet and on a very low floor. i dont think the starting price is enough to make an assumption on the average price in the building.

On hearing of this 100+ story project, stated to be on Yonge Street in the announcement ad, I immediately thought of the rumoured 100s Yorkville project. Is it possible that they are the same project? Is there a site on Yonge north of Bloor that could plausibly be called part of Yorkville, that would be suitable for a monster of this size? Or alternatively, are we looking at the first two buildings of a potential wave of 90+ storey supertalls?

^ I kinda doubt it's in Yorkville as I think they would've used that in their promo. Yorkville being a selling point. If it's not the bank property it could also be between Elm & Gerrard which as I understand has been mostly bought up by one company.

Last edited:
The website's rather twee. It doesn't feel local - or even very savvy: on the same page as 'Synergy', it's asking visitors if they're coming to Toronto for the first time and to look into a city pass; it lists the AGO as still being completed by Frank Gehry; and flogs a book called "Toronto Condo Secrets" with the some unknown "Condo Queen's" face on it.
It all feels a bit Channel 47 for such a rumoured major development.

Last edited:
Well, if the developer of this condominium project is from the UAE, that would be forgiveable. I am not sure that many United Arab Emirate business visit Toronto as much as the reverse does.

Could this be related to the redevelopment near the Toronto Star building? Something iconic near the foot of Yonge might make sense.

100 storeys for Yonge street!... if this thing is built anywhere near wellesley, it's gonna be way out of place... 100 storeys for an area of mostly 3 storey retail shops??? wut!?!?

i'm guessing this one to be closer to college or to bloor,

The two most likely locations that I have heard for this project would be the Toronto Star lands at the foot of Yonge (this would definitely be a suitably iconic landmark for that unique location, and we do know that the land has been recently proposed for development), and between Elm and Gerrard (which has been mostly bought up by a single developer).

If it is built on the Toronto Star lands, the view from the Islands will be dramatically changed. This 100s+ megatower would rival the CN Tower in its domination of the downtown core. The view would be rather symmetrical, with a giant structure on each side of the CBD.

It it is built in the Elm/Gerrard site, it would serve as a link between the CBD and the Aura cluster -- although with all the new and proposed developments, pretty much all of Yonge south of Bloor would have a giant tower every few blocks.

Last edited:

Back