1.9K     4 
News   Apr 15, 2024
 630     0 

Biggest Cityplace Tour Ever!

Tuscani01

Member Bio
Reaction score
IMG_2852.jpg

The photos were all taken today (September 18, 2011) They are arranged into the following categories:

1) The People
2) The Buildings
3) The Spaces

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1) The People

Shirts/Skins game anyone?
IMG_2861.jpg

IMG_2787.jpg

Followed by a drink?
IMG_2857.jpg

IMG_2854.jpg

IMG_2799.jpg

IMG_2791.jpg

IMG_2825.jpg

IMG_2832.jpg

IMG_2829.jpg

IMG_2827.jpg

IMG_2824.jpg

IMG_2823.jpg

Or a nice walk
IMG_2851.jpg

IMG_2847.jpg

IMG_2817.jpg

IMG_2805.jpg

IMG_2839.jpg

IMG_2841.jpg

IMG_2804.jpg

IMG_2803.jpg

Up next:

The Buildings

Last edited:
The Buildings:

Panorama from the rooftop pool/patio at Luna
IMG_2868.jpg

Luna Vista
IMG_2859.jpg

Luna Vista on the left, Montage and CN Tower in the centre and Luna on the right
IMG_2856.jpg

The Fort York Blvd. streetscape in front of Luna looking towards Parade
IMG_2855.jpg

Spadina Avenue looking towards HVE on the left, N1 centre, and Neo on the right
IMG_2848.jpg

The older Cityplace buildings, Matrix and Optima podium
IMG_2846.jpg

IMG_2845.jpg

IMG_2844.jpg

IMG_2843.jpg

IMG_2836.jpg

Neo on the left, Montage, Luna Vista, Parade
IMG_2837.jpg

Harbour View Estates
IMG_2833.jpg

HVE, Neo, Montage, Luna
IMG_2832.jpg

The Super Club
IMG_2821.jpg

Entrance to one of the HVE towers
IMG_2815.jpg

Retail along Bremner
IMG_2810.jpg

More Coming Soon
IMG_2809.jpg

IMG_2808.jpg

Retail along Spadina, in the base of Neo
IMG_2807.jpg

IMG_2806.jpg

Looking up at Montage
IMG_2801.jpg

Spa open in the base of Luna
IMG_2800.jpg

More retail space along Spadina in the base of N1/N2
IMG_2797.jpg

Parade I and II with Luna, Montage and the CN Tower in the background
IMG_2781.jpg

Toronto community housing
IMG_2780.jpg

The base of Parade I, looks like there is quite a bit of retail space
IMG_2779.jpg

The centre courtyard of Parade
IMG_2778.jpg

Looking up towards where the bridge will connect both Parade towers
IMG_2777.jpg

Actors Network Film Studio has opened up in one of the ground floor units in Parade
IMG_2776.jpg

IMG_2775.jpg

A nice little art gallery also open in the base of Parade
IMG_2774.jpg

Last edited:
And finally,

3) The Spaces

The 2nd Floor rooftop patio in Luna/Luna Vista
IMG_2864.jpg

Looking down at Canoe Landing/Fort York Blvd.
IMG_2862.jpg

IMG_2860.jpg

Some shots from the courtyard at Harbour View Estates
IMG_2820.jpg

IMG_2819.jpg

IMG_2818.jpg

IMG_2813.jpg

IMG_2811.jpg

The Northern Linear Park
IMG_2803.jpg

The bridge that will connect Cityplace to the neighbourhoods to the North
IMG_2802.jpg

This is the land reserved for a Catholic and Public School, Day care, and Community Centre, as well as a yet to be announced condo
IMG_2858.jpg

N1/N2 Courtyard
IMG_2796.jpg

Canoe Landing
IMG_2790.jpg

IMG_2789.jpg

IMG_2788.jpg

IMG_2786.jpg

IMG_2785.jpg

Construction of Quartz/Spectra, 2 new phases of Cityplace
IMG_2782.jpg

Last edited:
Nice Pictures.

Early, in the Spring,after the snow had melted, 2 individuals had posted, on another thread, pictures & links to a video on 'You Tube' of 'dog phoo' littering sidewalks and making it extremely unpleasant for the residents to walk by.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iqdA4knRkQw

Last edited:
Nice Pictures.

Early, in the Spring,after the snow had melted, 2 individuals had posted, on another thread, pictures & links to a video on 'You Tube' of 'dog phoo' littering sidewalks and making it extremely unpleasant for the residents to walk by.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iqdA4knRkQw

Yup... Seems like the City has been on top of the situation. It hasn't been an issue at all this summer. More garbage bins have also been put in along the Linear Park and around Canoe Landing, thanks to the Resident's Association.

CityPlace looks a whole lot better since I last cycled around there a few years ago, and I agree with many who have stated the buildings continue to improve. Nicely done, thanks for posting all those great pictures.

It's great that we no longer have drive so far to soak up this wonderful suburban tower in the park experience.

Cityplace has contributed mightily to waterfront skyline photo ops but nothing here looks remotely like it is part of downtown Toronto. The biggest lost city-building opportunity to date (though we have West Donlands, East Bayfront, Portlands etc."to look forward to".)

I'm baffled that so many planners, so many architects, so many landscape architects, so many developers are out there with so many egg-heads cashing their paychecks.... and it's not possible to create anything remotely resembling a welcoming new downtown city neighbourhood... human scale, well-articulated built forms with mixed uses at grade (not monolithic podiums), towers set back to pay the bills of course.

Toronto's best neighbourhoods obviously evolved over time into the eclectic, hodge-podge of uses, textures, suprises and general urban mayhem that makes them so inviting and entertaining to visit (or live in).

I just can't imagine the podiums of Fort York Blvd. miraculously evolving into anything remotely resembling an animated, exciting downtown neighbourhood in the next 100 years. I don't think some Pernod and Stella umbrellas and a few seasonal flower boxes will encourage me to welcome Cityplace to my Toronto.

Nice tour :) I enjoyed it!

Although you left out the aA designed OPTIMA, and the sleek lines of its base :).

amazing pics...... i remember when the whole area was grass, weeds and dirt.... finally its build up into something worth while.

amazing pics...... i remember when the whole area was grass, weeds and dirt.... finally its build up into something worth while.

It's even better now. Those pictures are from 2 summers ago. If I buy a decent camera this summer, I'll do an updated tour of the area and post it on UT.

Back