Urban Toronto - Powered by vBulletin
Project Essentials / dataBase detailed project information, floor plans, renderings
Projects & Construction Thread  I  Real Estate Thread
170 Spadina
170 Spadina Avenue , Toronto
Developer: Tri-Win International

Login to
post and
upload photos
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 170 Spadina (was FAD Condominium, Triwin Int'l, 15s, Wallman Architects)

Default 170 Spadina (was FAD Condominium, Triwin Int'l, 15s, Wallman Architects)

http://marketvisionrealty.com/landsa...nd_current.php

Link found on Urbanation's twitter feed: https://twitter.com/#!/Urbanation

This site is located west of Downtown is over 14,000 sf has two street frontages. Downtown West is the "most active sub-district of Toronto in terms of sales volumes and steadily increasing prices" according to Ben Meyers of Urbanation. The initial architectural concept appeals to the dominant age cohort of the area and is an efficient design while maintaining an appropriate scale. Further fine tuning of the design are occurring for this "A" caliber site.

2. Default

I wonder if this is 111 Bathurst - the Waddingtons site.
    Last edited by interchange42; 2011-Aug-15 at 02:40. Reason: do not immediately repost images

3. Default

Nope.

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by BMyers View Post
    Nope.
    To tall..the neighbourhood would have a conniption, if this was to be proposed/built.

Looks like another Wallman design, Lumiere v.2.0.

The front is simultaneously too bland and fussy. If you want squiggling lines all over your building, there need some reference that they follow.

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by BMyers View Post
    Nope.
    Just a nope? Speak.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed007Toronto View Post
    Just a nope? Speak.
    Egad, I think this is the Nomad site at SW corner of Richmond and Spadina.

If the site area of 14,000 square feet which is quoted is accurate, this would not be the Waddington site, which is several thousand square feet larger than that. I also agree with the comment that this would be out of proportion for that location.
    (Also, this is unattractive, with a garbled appearance reminding me somewhat of a dog's breakfast.)

Reminds me of an angelic twin to REVE, with some added squiggly lines.

Quote Originally Posted by neubilder View Post
    Egad, I think this is the Nomad site at SW corner of Richmond and Spadina.
    It is not. That building, which is much smaller and is being handled by Giannone Petricone, has its own thread.

12. Default

Judging from the rendering, that's Spadina north of Queen - the ex-Blockbuster.
    The design? Probably not so great once the details are filled in with typical cheap condo windows and (?) precast.

Default FAD Condominium (170 Spadina Ave @ Queen, Triwin Int'l, 19s, Wallman Architects)

Application: Zoning Review Status: Not Started

TORONTO ON M5T 2C2

Ward 20: Trinity-Spadina

Application#: 11 268423 ZPR 00 ZR Accepted Date: Sep 2, 2011

Project: Apartment Building New Building

Description: Proposal to demolish existing building and construct a new 17 storey apartment building (186 Units) with a 4 storey below grade parking facility (65 parking spaces).

14. Default

Finally, to bad they are not demolishing everything else south to Queen street

Nice! I knew this was a high potential redevelopment site after Blockbuster closed up (along with the rest in the city, and soon the nation) and with the Ackee Tree empty. Good location for more density.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast