Toronto 170 Spadina | 46.94m | 12s | Plaza | BDP Quadrangle

AlbertC

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
http://marketvisionrealty.com/landsales/land_current.php

Link found on Urbanation's twitter feed: https://twitter.com/#!/Urbanation

This site is located west of Downtown is over 14,000 sf has two street frontages. Downtown West is the "most active sub-district of Toronto in terms of sales volumes and steadily increasing prices" according to Ben Meyers of Urbanation. The initial architectural concept appeals to the dominant age cohort of the area and is an efficient design while maintaining an appropriate scale. Further fine tuning of the design are occurring for this "A" caliber site.

landdowntownwest.jpg

I wonder if this is 111 Bathurst - the Waddingtons site.

Last edited by a moderator:
The front is simultaneously too bland and fussy. If you want squiggling lines all over your building, there need some reference that they follow.

If the site area of 14,000 square feet which is quoted is accurate, this would not be the Waddington site, which is several thousand square feet larger than that. I also agree with the comment that this would be out of proportion for that location.
(Also, this is unattractive, with a garbled appearance reminding me somewhat of a dog's breakfast.)

Judging from the rendering, that's Spadina north of Queen - the ex-Blockbuster.
The design? Probably not so great once the details are filled in with typical cheap condo windows and (?) precast.

FAD Condominium (170 Spadina Ave @ Queen, Triwin Int'l, 19s, Wallman Architects)

Application: Zoning Review Status: Not Started

TORONTO ON M5T 2C2

Ward 20: Trinity-Spadina

Application#: 11 268423 ZPR 00 ZR Accepted Date: Sep 2, 2011

Project: Apartment Building New Building

Description: Proposal to demolish existing building and construct a new 17 storey apartment building (186 Units) with a 4 storey below grade parking facility (65 parking spaces).

Captureb.JPG

Nice! I knew this was a high potential redevelopment site after Blockbuster closed up (along with the rest in the city, and soon the nation) and with the Ackee Tree empty. Good location for more density.

Back