Urban Toronto - Powered by vBulletin
Project Essentials / dataBase – detailed project information, floor plans, renderings
Projects & Construction Thread  I  Real Estate Thread
43 Gerrard West
43 Gerrard West, Toronto
Developer:
Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: 43 Gerrard St. W (rentals, 43s, RAW Design)

Quote Originally Posted by Bayer View Post
    Data on average rents is deceiving. Newer or renovated rental buildings (the one next to Opera Place, or Jazz, for instance) are closer to condo rents.
    Yeah, I don't know what the numbers are exactly. But I think my hunch that rental rents would be lower than condo rents is that many people who can afford a $1500+ monthly rent, which is what I see most condo rents start at, likely won't be long term renters, as they'll eventually be able to afford to enter a buyer's market. The many others who can't afford to buy, therefore, would be renting at a lower monthly rate. I'd say the average apartment rent is around $1100. But just a guess; I dunno.

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Miscreant View Post
    The many others who can't afford to buy, therefore, would be renting at a lower monthly rate. I'd say the average apartment rent is around $1100. But just a guess; I dunno.
    Dont forget the approx. 50% or more of Toronto residents that are not entitled or pre-approved to a mortgage due to their financial situations...these people are all looking to rent.

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Bayer View Post
    Data on average rents is deceiving. Newer or renovated rental buildings (the one next to Opera Place, or Jazz, for instance) are closer to condo rents.
    Yes, but generally speaking, it is cheaper to rent in a purpose-built rental building than it is at a condominium.

Here are two good ways to deceive yourself:

CMCH GTA Rental Market Report
    https://www03.cmhc-schl.gc.ca/catalo...=1323021026890

Toronto Planning Rental Housing Supply and Demand Indicators
    http://www.toronto.ca/planning/pdf/housing_rental.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by Miscreant View Post
    I'd say the average apartment rent is around $1100. But just a guess; I dunno.
    Market rentals vary wildly based on the area of the city, the neighbourhood, the condition of the building and amenities. Two bedroom examples, my building downtown was built in 1972 & has an indoor roof-top pool & gym, sun deck, saunas/change rooms, year 'round heat & A/C, are fully renovated & have dishwashers in many suites, updated security features/patrols and we pay $1640 inclusive for a renovated two bedroom. Two bedroom apartments in three buildings across the street and directly to the west of me range from $1250-$1400 but offer no amenities or A/C. The Maples complex & 33 Wood Street (all next to the Gardens) offer tiny to large two bedrooms from $1600-$1900, both with A/C & good amenities. College Park apartments have amenities, A/C & 3 appliances for $2000-$2200. The newer Jazz (Church & Shuter) or Bay Club (Wellesley & Bay) rental buildings offer medium size to large two bedrooms from $1900 - $2500 with 4-6 appliances and amenities. In St. Jamestown one get can a 2 bedroom for as low as $1100, some buildings have limited amenities like outdoor pools, tuck shops & such. Those are examples of how rentals can swing wildly in my area, it's the same all over the city though generally lower in the suburbs.
    “Our roads are not here for automobiles. Our roads are here for people to get around.” - Michael Bloomberg, Mayor of New York City - July 10, 2012

Original photographic images posted on this forum by dt_toronto_geek are not for publication, display or dissemination of any kind except on the Urban Toronto discussion board, altered or otherwise, without expressed written permission from the owner.

Yeah, but an average takes all that into consideration. But I can't really retort, as I don't have the numbers on what that average actually is. I'd be really surprised if it was more than $1500, though...or even if it was equal to or more than the average condo rental cost.

I understand One City Hall is going to be rental? Anyway, if you can find an example of equally new, similarly located, similar sized condos & dedicated rental you'll find the monthly rates are basicall the same.
    Its basically a quality difference, nothing more.

Quote Originally Posted by buildup View Post
    I understand One City Hall is going to be rental? Anyway, if you can find an example of equally new, similarly located, similar sized condos & dedicated rental you'll find the monthly rates are basicall the same.
    Its basically a quality difference, nothing more.
    You mean Two City Hall, now called "Motion", right? One City Hall are condos.
    I'd expect higher pricing for Motion given it's extraordinary location, facilities being offered, LEED Gold certified building and five appliance package. Presumably 43 Gerrard will also offer higher end facilities and appliance packages too, though unknown as of now.

Feb 16:

Due Time restriction, visit my site https://www.flickr.com/photos/drum118/ to see updated photos of projects shot the last few weeks since I don't have the time to post them to various threads.
    See my videos on YouTube http://www.youtube.com/user/Transitdrum118/videos

Nice! Thanks for the tip.

This one should be soon, getting a good vibe about this design.
    Last edited by AlbertC; 2012-Feb-20 at 09:05.

10. Default

Gee, nothing that we dont already know ....but just cant wait to see this lot developed
    I would imagine as a rental building this should break ground as soon as they get city approvals

CONDOMINIUM APARTMENT TOWER, OFFICES, RETAIL
    Proj: 9145415-2
    Toronto, Metro Toronto Reg ON
    PREPARING PLANS
    43 Gerrard St W, M7A 2H4
    $74,000,000 est

Note:
    Owner has submitted applications for Official Plan Amendment and rezoning. It is not known at this time when approvals will be in place. Schedule for design, tender and construction will be determined pending approvals. Further update fall 2012.
    Owner's Representative and Architect will not accept unsolicited phone calls.
    Project:
    proposed construction of a 50-storey mixed use building containing 615 residential units as well as two levels of commercial space. There will be six levels of below grade parking.
    Scope:
    499,800 square feet; 50 storeys; 6 storeys below grade; 615 units; parking for 333 cars
    Development:.New
    Category: Apartment bldgs; Commercial offices; Retail, wholesale services

From DCN.....http://www.dailycommercialnews.com/c...region=ontario

From RAW Design

http://rawdesign.ca

Last edited by AlbertC; 2012-Jun-05 at 23:27.

12. Default

To me, it looks like the designers were trying too hard to make capital-A Rotterdam-style Architecture... I just don't understand the point of stacking a bunch of different mini buildings on top of one another in such a way. I for one don't find the overall effect cool & innovative, but rather busy & disjointed.

13. Default

its.. different

looks pretty good imo...like the base...
    When I'm not on UT, I am a Mississauga real estate agent ....check out my site here!

Not sure how I feel about the stone base. Hmmm. This one's interesting. I like it, but I can't decide if it should be simplified/made neater or if I like just how odd it is.

Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast