Urban Toronto - Powered by vBulletin
Project Essentials / dataBase – detailed project information, floor plans, renderings
Projects & Construction Thread  I  Real Estate Thread
43 Gerrard West
43 Gerrard West, Toronto
Developer:
Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: 43 Gerrard St. W (rentals, 43s, RAW Design)

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by onebloorvip View Post
    This location is for high-end residential projects. Not for cheap rental project. Just like urgly Motion 570 Bay totally destroy Dundas and Bay.
    The only things getting destroyed at both locations are parking lots. There aren't enough quality rental buildings in this city. One thing we don't need more of is classism, however.

Quote Originally Posted by Bayer View Post
    The only things getting destroyed at both locations are parking lots. There aren't enough quality rental buildings in this city. One thing we don't need more of is classism, however.
    It's not worth discussing. He's basically saying that downtown should be for rich privileged people and that other people should go away. Look at his name: onebloorvip. He values money and materialism, not people and human decency.

3. Default

You only interested to the login name??? No worth discussing with you as well. The new project should match the exisiting projects. Why there are no rental projects besides the Trump, Four seasons, York Plaza.... or even close to King and Bay CIBC/TD Buildings??? Do you want to see Motion standing at Dundas and Bay or a 50-stories Two City Hall??? If we can build much better buildings at this location, why we choose the urguly buildings? Most rental projects are not as good as the residential buildings. I am living at John and King. Very glad to see the changes at my location.
    Oh dear, you sound a lot like kkgg7. Because I have to be politically correct, I can't say what similarities you have with him, however, many forumers here will know what I'm referring to. It's the attitude of the non-integrated that I'm disappointed in. Sigh. I think you're the third such person in as many months. I remember someone else making similar comments (to you and kkgg7) under the Infinity thread, etc. Sigh (again).

You only interested to the login name??? No worth discussing with you as well. The new project should match the exisiting projects. Why there are no rental projects besides the Trump, Four seasons, York Plaza.... or even close to King and Bay CIBC/TD Buildings??? Do you want to see Motion standing at Dundas and Bay or a 50-stories Two City Hall??? If we can build much better buildings at this location, why we choose the urguly buildings? Most rental projects are not as good as the residential buildings. I am living at John and King. Very glad to see the changes at my location.
    1) There would never be a 50 storey condo at Two City Hall.
    2) After many years (too many years) we are finally starting to see new, quality rentals in the downtown being built in the past decade and many set to be built - and that's a good thing for those who choose to rent, and not buy. The rendering for Motion looks fine to me, time will tell how it really turns out so I don't understand what the hate-on is with that project. Newer downtown rentals such as Jazz & Bay Club (the first two that come to mind) offer a variety of spacious and "livable" sized suites, good amenities, condo quality finishes, the latest in security features along with five or six appliances. Rental buildings also offer residents legal protections that thousands of rental condos do not. I also think it's safe to say that rental buildings are also built to code so I don't understand how condos are all that "better".
    “Our roads are not here for automobiles. Our roads are here for people to get around.” - Michael Bloomberg, Mayor of New York City - July 10, 2012

Original photographic images posted on this forum by dt_toronto_geek are not for publication, display or dissemination of any kind except on the Urban Toronto discussion board, altered or otherwise, without expressed written permission from the owner.

5. Default

CITY_LOVER:

I have no reason to believe the two are the same individuals - cultural background on the other hand...

As to the matter at hand:

The new project should match the exisiting projects. Why there are no rental projects besides the Trump, Four seasons, York Plaza.... or even close to King and Bay CIBC/TD Buildings??? Do you want to see Motion standing at Dundas and Bay or a 50-stories Two City Hall??? If we can build much better buildings at this location, why we choose the urguly buildings? Most rental projects are not as good as the residential buildings. I am living at John and King. Very glad to see the changes at my location.
    Sorry, first of all, the site isn't that close to the financial core, and all things considered, hardly a "premium" site considering the neighbourhood. Second, RAW design is actually innovative - and Motion at Dundas and Bay isn't "urguly" either as per the renderings. And yes, there are quite a few rather unfortunate looking condos around the King and John area - so much so that they actually look like "rentals" more than anything else.

And please, the use of multiple question marks is just so classy - like the crowd from the Entertainment District. Dread what will happen to 1 Bloor is that's what's going to be moving into it.

AoD
    Last edited by AlvinofDiaspar; 2011-Dec-02 at 09:23.

Quote Originally Posted by isaidso View Post
    It's not worth discussing. He's basically saying that downtown should be for rich privileged people and that other people should go away. Look at his name: onebloorvip. He values money and materialism, not people and human decency.
    Boom!

7. Default

Refrain from relatively info-free one-liners please.

AoD

Rentals are so important to developing mixed-income communities. I was/am getting worried that the condo boom in Toronto is going to create a rift between buyers and renters, such that buyers have mostly beautiful new buildings to move into, and renters are increasingly moving into converted houses or the 1950/60s style apartment buildings all over the city. Also, if having affordable renting means less frills on the building, as long as it's still a respectable structure I'm all for that.

9. Default

I doubt this project would be considered affordable rental - but in any event, having a mix of housing types isn't a bad thing.

AoD

It's a good thing, a very good thing. I'll be interested to see what the prices are.

Most rental projects are not as good as the residential buildings.
    The quality of the design is a result of the quality of the architect who produces it. Our local design culture has produced some fine rental buildings - the new Regent Park contains several examples, for instance.

I had no idea that this was a rental building, so I guess I can "thank" 1bloorvip and his aristocratic post for that.

Have there ever been any other rental buildings of this height built in Toronto?

Manulife Centre?

Quote Originally Posted by Bruvyman View Post
    I had no idea that this was a rental building, so I guess I can "thank" 1bloorvip and his aristocratic post for that.

Have there ever been any other rental buildings of this height built in Toronto?
    There are the mid-40s twin towers in Leaside built in the early 70's and 50-something Manulife apartments, also built in the early 70's. Those are the two tallest rentals I can think of.
    “Our roads are not here for automobiles. Our roads are here for people to get around.” - Michael Bloomberg, Mayor of New York City - July 10, 2012

Original photographic images posted on this forum by dt_toronto_geek are not for publication, display or dissemination of any kind except on the Urban Toronto discussion board, altered or otherwise, without expressed written permission from the owner.

Quote Originally Posted by AlvinofDiaspar View Post
    Refrain from relatively info-free one-liners please.

AoD
    Boom!
    Last edited by interchange42; 2011-Dec-02 at 16:13. Reason: Boom!

Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast