Toronto The Livmore | 138.68m | 43s | Vertica | IBI Group

rdaner

Member Bio
Reaction score
Southeast corner of Bay and Gerrard

There was a crew drilling for soil samples on the parking lot at the corner of Bay and Gerrard this morning. Considering it's rapidly rising neighbours, I expect a very tall proposal here.

It's owned by the Delta, isn't it? I can't see them starting anything here until they get their other building in Southcore finished

It's owned by the Delta, isn't it? I can't see them starting anything here until they get their other building in Southcore finished

I thought that this Delta Hotel had nothing to do with the other being built at Southcore..
this very well could be a future retail/condo tower addition and complete overhaul to that aging hotel.

Last edited:
This is a post I made on SSP Monday Morning

Hey this odd thought just came into my head. Now that we will likely see the demolition of existing buildings downtown for new landmark skyscraper construction, I was thinking that those prime examples downtown for redevelopment must include the Delta Chelsea Hotel Across the street from the Aura Tower, and that 2 storey building across from the world's biggest bookstore. These two buildings are not making the most effective use of the valuable land their sitting on.

Where: York Mills Centre
Doing: Laying a beat down on the Rush Hour Subway Crowd.
Time: 7.10 am EST Toronto Time

I thought that this Delta Hotel had nothing to do with the other being built at Southcore..
this very well could be a future retail/condo tower addition and complete overhaul to that aging hotel.

Maybe the owners of the Delta Chelsea will rebrand and expand the hotel? It's already the biggest hotel in Canada, so maybe they want to make it some sort of mega-mid-range hotel with more convention space, etc? And yeah, I'm sure any proposal will have condos plopped on top.

I'd much prefer they rebuilt than just expand -- that building has got to be one of most mediocre, bland chunks of concrete in the city.

The Delta Chelsea, being a hotel especially, is an icon and has its roots spread deep into that area's history. I'd hate to see it go.

Here we go ... a 50 storey building planned for the corner of Gerrard and Bay.:cool:

43 GERRARD ST W

OPA / Rezoning 11 268259 STE 27 OZ Ward 27
- Tor & E.York Sep 2, 2011 --- --- --- ---

Redevelopment of the current commercial parking lot lands for the purposes of a new mixed use building 50 storeis in height complete with two levels of commercial space, 640 residential units above complete with 6 levels of below grade parking.

Awesome!!! Always thought that parking lot had potential. This proposal is on the same block of Gerrard as Aura so hopefully people stop saying that Aura is too tall for its location. Aura will be a catalyst to the area if anything.

Perfect spot for a 50-storey building. Now to get something built on that parking lot just north of the bus station on Bay St.

Back