Howard Park (Triumph) - Real Estate -

My girlfriend and I are looking into maybe getting a suite here. What do you guys think of the investment potential? I saw one record that showed values went up alot (18%) over the past year - probably due to the completed area renewal -, but I have no idea if the area is likely to continue to see good increases.

Also, as it's pretty normal for occupancy dates to get put back, then when would be a reasonable expectation for this project to actually finish? I don't think my girlfriend and I could wait any longer than late 2015.

Any other purchasers here? We're on the 7th floor and just got an email saying our final tentative occupancy is July 30.

For what it's worth - I was looking at potentially purchasing a unit in the 2nd phase of this development. My lawyers took a look at the condo documents and advised me against purchasing here. The language in the document makes me question the developers legal team and anyone who decides to sit on the condo board is going to have a lot of work to do.

Triumph is great though, Ive used them before.

Still love the area but I am going to pursue other nearby developments like "The Roncy", for example, once more information becomes available.

I will still follow this development closely and hope everything goes smoothly!

I want this unit:

99860_1.jpg

A 670sf unit with THREE SIDES glazed... nice!

For what it's worth - I was looking at potentially purchasing a unit in the 2nd phase of this development. My lawyers took a look at the condo documents and advised me against purchasing here. The language in the document makes me question the developers legal team and anyone who decides to sit on the condo board is going to have a lot of work to do.

Wayne, curious to hear what issues came up that made them advise against purchasing? I had a very different experience with my lawyer- he found the language to be pretty standard and was happy about the number of amendments/caps they would agree to.

The townhouses connected to this project look nice too. I'm just scared of the maintenance fee.

So we just learned that the natural gas line that they advertised verbally and on the feature sheet, was not included the schedule B agreement. We are now on the hook for the cost for the installation of the gas line which is approximately $2,000. Did this happen to anyone else? We are first home buyers and we didn't know every detail in the feature sheet needed to be included in the schedule b agreement... Lesson learned.

Please let me know if you also experience a similar issue.

Attachments

• HP2 Feature sheet January 26, 2015.pdf
    247.7 KB · Views: 500
  • Gas Line.jpg
    Gas Line.jpg
    209.6 KB · Views: 426
Hello neighbours,

Have others have had similar experiences recently with triumph not honouring the features selling sheet they advertised?
In particular the natural gas BBQ line on your balcony or terrace space greater than 60sqft?

Anyone else feel duped?! Just trying to understand how Triumph can back out of honouring something they advertised on multiple occasions.

Hello neighbours,

Have others have had similar experiences recently with triumph not honouring the features selling sheet they advertised?
In particular the natural gas BBQ line on your balcony or terrace space greater than 60sqft?

Anyone else feel duped?! Just trying to understand how Triumph can back out of honouring something they advertised on multiple occasions.

Talk to your lawyer. This happened to me by another builder before so it's not uncommon.

Just got the letter about the delay until December 2017.... No explanation or sincerity.... I got better customer service when I bought a $50 blender on amazon. The only thing we get when we spend close to $500k is the occasional letter and unanswered emails... Are my expectations set to high? Is this just what's expected of a builder when you buy pre-build? What will it take for these builders to care...

What was the end result for you? Did the builder honour the feature sheet?

Nope. I didn't really push for it though since I had already decided to sell at that point. But, I have heard several occasions where builders tried to pull a fast one, people complained, and builder had to either compensate them or give them what they promised.

Back