androiduk

Member Bio
Reaction score
Application: Zoning Review Status: Not Started

TORONTO ON M6G 1C8

Ward 19: Trinity-Spadina

Application#: 11 260132 ZPR 00 ZR Accepted Date: Aug 19, 2011

Project: Non-Residential Building Addition

Description: Proposal to construct an additional 4 stories to an existing 1 storey building. Existing use - restaurant, greater than 30 seats. Proposed use - office.

Captureoz.JPG

My friends architectural firm is doing the design work for this lot; he told me it's going to be have offices and medical as well. I'll update when he gives me more details..

This is incredible news. This corner blights the entire neighbourhood.

The only thing I don't understand is why they are adding 4 stories instead of just tearing the building down.

Hopefully they'll preserve the facade.

Perhaps this is sarcastic, or I just don't understand what there is to save here. Anyone care to fill me in?

Here's a couple of points about this project according to my friend:

As of now it will call for a restaurant/café on the ground floor and medical offices from stories 2 to 5

I'm still in pre-design which I'm doing now so we can go in for a variance because there will be no parking.
After that, if approved we will start drawings, you're looking at a couple a years once that starts

..the owner of this lot also owns the building 4 spots down and is planning in the future to buy lots 2 and 3 next to him..

So it looks like alot will be happening to that corner of College and Ossington!

Is Coffee Time going through some sort of restructuring/sell-off bonanza? I've noticed several CoffeeTime's shutting down across the city recently.

Here's a couple of points about this project according to my friend:

As of now it will call for a restaurant/café on the ground floor and medical offices from stories 2 to 5

I'm still in pre-design which I'm doing now so we can go in for a variance because there will be no parking.
After that, if approved we will start drawings, you're looking at a couple a years once that starts

..the owner of this lot also owns the building 4 spots down and is planning in the future to buy lots 2 and 3 next to him..

So it looks like alot will be happening to that corner of College and Ossington!

I bet the owner will be thrilled that his intentions for lots 2 and 3 have been made known on Urban Toronto.

Has anyone seen what happened this corner this week- what a mess- and Coffee Time is officially closed down. Does anyone know if the proposed plans to improve this corner as per previous threads are gong through?

Has anyone seen what happened this corner this week- what a mess- and Coffee Time is officially closed down. Does anyone know if the proposed plans to improve this corner as per previous threads are gong through?

It's moving, it's drawings are currently being prepared for permit submission at the end of the month. The rendering my friend drew up shows brick and stone as the finishes.

Back