Toronto The Pemberton | 215.79m | 68s | Pemberton | a—A

greenleaf

Member Bio
Reaction score
Last edited:
If this parking lot gets redeveloped and then cumberland terrace gets redeveloped and the Strolleys store this will be a CRAZY amount of change in the city......... I hope the parking lots behind the museum house, and one bedford can see some condos as well.

Yeah, that thing is ugly alright. Thing is - I highly doubt a new condo tower will create their own u/g parking and replace all these spots, unless the new tower has a multi-floor parking podium in addition to the new underground spots. There's no reason it couldn't be done and be far more nicely integrated with the street

Not sure about 100 floors here, there is just too much low rise right next to it. A single tower of 40+ stories would be my guess, with a setback from both Yorkville and Cumberland, with the podium being about 4 stories.

Not sure about 100 floors here, there is just too much low rise right next to it.
Umm Yonge and Bloor is one block away. With 1 Bloor East at 70 floors 240 meters, and the four seasons across the road at 55 floors 205 meters i really cant see height as a issue for this site.

If this parking lot gets redeveloped and then cumberland terrace gets redeveloped and the Strolleys store this will be a CRAZY amount of change in the city......... I hope the parking lots behind the museum house, and one bedford can see some condos as well.

Yep, the density in this area is going to start being Manhattan-like before too long. For me, of all the future projects Cumberland Terrace is going to be the biggest game-changer since it will probably have the greatest impact on Yorkville east of Bay.

Umm Yonge and Bloor is one block away. With 1 Bloor East at 70 floors 240 meters, and the four seasons across the road at 55 floors 205 meters i really cant see height as a issue for this site.

Agreed -- as with land along Yonge south of College, I think that market forces will be the only restriction on a development's height.

100 stories would be crazy for that site. I think the four seasons is gorgeous, but it does look HUGE from the north. I also remain convinced that the 100 storey tower rumour is nothing more then a rumour.

I hope the parking lots behind the museum house, and one bedford can see some condos as well.

I'm pretty sure those lots are on top of the subway tunnel, and that's why they were never developed. Maybe they could have been, had they been incorporated into a larger land assembly to the south, but now that they're orphaned I think they're there to stay.

There was an application posted on the Charles St. E Green P to add a new floor a few months back. I wonder if that was done to replace some of the lost capacity at the other lot. I also wonder if the city is looking long-term to get rid of the Charles and Avenue/Yorkville lots. With all of the buildings that have gone up in the area (many of which have at least some public parking) since those lots were built I wonder if the municipal lots are still really necessary

I also wonder if the city is looking long-term to get rid of the Charles and Avenue/Yorkville lots. With all of the buildings that have gone up in the area (many of which have at least some public parking) since those lots were built I wonder if the municipal lots are still really necessary

It's unclear to me what you're suggesting here, whatever.

Are you suggesting that since the supply of parking spots has potentially increased, the City should divest itself of these money-making assets so that the supply dramatically decreases -- to the benefit of the remaining operators?

I'm pretty sure those lots are on top of the subway tunnel, and that's why they were never developed. Maybe they could have been, had they been incorporated into a larger land assembly to the south, but now that they're orphaned I think they're there to stay.

Could there not be condos built like Trump with above ground parking and the condo on top of that? The condos would have to be taller then the bloor street condos anyways. PLus there is a walkway to the parking from bloor street which could become the entrance of a condo development.

Back