Toronto Ion Condos | ?m | 11s | Cityzen | Arch. Unfolded

AlbertC

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
http://blog.mycondomylife.com/cityz...ndering-of-new-cityzen-fernbrook-project.html

No other details or information (location, name) given about this project yet.

cityzfern.jpg

Last edited:
I wonder if this is their Lakeshore project in Oakville...Fernbrook just closed on a former church property.

It has a suburban / business-park feel to it. The ground storey treatment reminds me of an entrance to a corporate HQ near the 401. Decorated, but you have to walk all the way around the building before you can find any kind of entrance.

So I see Fernbrook/Cityzen picked up the site located immediately south of Beaverbrook's The Max Condominiums @ 2772 Keele Street

The subject site is located near the northwest corner of Keele & Wilson and currently contains a old plaza with a Rexall & RBC

Google Street View:
http://maps.google.ca/maps?q=2772+Keele+Street,+Toronto,+Ontario&hl=en&ll=43.726972,-79.481567&spn=0.000004,0.004801&sll=49.891235,-97.15369&sspn=30.814043,78.662109&vpsrc=6&t=h&z=18&layer=c&cbll=43.727219,-79.482073&panoid=wI6zG6ms0w62vvsTemUzRw&cbp=12,272.61,,0,0.6

So I see Fernbrook/Cityzen picked up the site located immediately south of Beaverbrook's The Max Condominiums @ 2772 Keele Street

The subject site is located near the northwest corner of Keele & Wilson and currently contains a old plaza with a Rexall & RBC

Google Street View:
http://maps.google.ca/maps?q=2772+Keele+Street,+Toronto,+Ontario&hl=en&ll=43.726972,-79.481567&spn=0.000004,0.004801&sll=49.891235,-97.15369&sspn=30.814043,78.662109&vpsrc=6&t=h&z=18&layer=c&cbll=43.727219,-79.482073&panoid=wI6zG6ms0w62vvsTemUzRw&cbp=12,272.61,,0,0.6

Hey, my old stomping grounds!
The website for the development even shows my old park. "Roding Park" in its list of amenities.

There's potential at that intersection!

http://www.ioncondo.ca/welcome_flash.html

My apologies I have it confused with another development site that is up for sale ... judging from the rendering on the website, it appears that this is the former Westmount Terraces Phase 2 site (I never knew it went under), so the building will sit over a derelict parking structure ~ :eek:

gallery-02-lg.jpg

well its good to know the builder behind Westmount Phase 1 @ 2737 Keele (Westmount-Keele) no longer has anything to do with this development, I remember reading on a website where purchasers in Phase 1 shared their various horror stories dealing with the builder

As I mentioned in another thread there is already a billboard up outside the Westmount Condo advertising from 189,900. From the renderings they make it seem like the driveway (road?) may extend to Wilson.

As I mentioned in another thread there is already a billboard up outside the Westmount Condo advertising from 189,900. From the renderings they make it seem like the driveway (road?) may extend to Wilson.

Thanks ccopela ... reading your post in the other thread I mis-understood your message to be referring to a condo being built at the northeast corner on the Metros parking lot

It has a suburban / business-park feel to it. The ground storey treatment reminds me of an entrance to a corporate HQ near the 401. Decorated, but you have to walk all the way around the building before you can find any kind of entrance.

Given the location, (now that it's location is no longer a secret) I retract, this design looks very elegant compared to most projects built in peripheral areas such as this.

New dataBase page for Ion here. Nothing that you haven't seen on their website yet, but we will be looking for more info over the coming days.

Note that the map on Ion's website has the building in the wrong spot, north of Wilson. Maybe that's where their sales office will be?

New dataBase page for Ion here. Nothing that you haven't already seen on their website yet, but we will be looking for more info over the coming days.

Note that the map on Ion's website has the building in the wrong spot, north of Wilson. Maybe that's where their sales office will be?

I was actually at this intersection a couple weeks ago to meet up with some people and was surprised by how relatively busy of a transit transfer point this is. I personally wouldn't necessarily buy here but I definitely see market potential for highrise growth in this area.

Back