greenbelt7.jpg

LawrenceandLeslie1.jpg

lawrencelookingwestfromVictoriaPark1963-2011.jpg

lawrencelookingwestfromVictoriaPark1963-2011-2.jpg

LookingeastonLawrence1.jpg

Rbc.jpg

sscefe.jpg

YorkMillseastofDonMills.jpg

That's a fantastic collection of 'Then & Now's, brewster.
And the match-ups are so well done!

Well done, lots of old photos. Just a note on those apartments that are at the end of Moccasin Trail and Green Belt. There have been surveyor signs up for a while. They also never were repaired after a file a few years ago (seen as boarded up windows). We have not heard any official plans for them yet. I live around the corner and Denzel Minnan-Wong is pretty good at letting us know what is going on.

More Don Mills

Great job with some familiar places, Brewster

But you have mixed up the Bank of Montreal & the Bank of Nova Scotia

I thought so also Anna. I think I have the right one so I will upload it. I uploaded this late last night so when I get time I will put more detail into each photo also.
b1.jpg

b3.jpg

Bank.jpg

BankofMontreal.jpg

BankofNovaScotia.jpg

The Parkway Plaza -Victoria Park and Ellsmere Road--197?-2010
ParkwayPlaza1.jpg

Not quite Don Mills , The Parkway Plaza , opening day 1958-2010.
IMG_4332.jpg

BNS

Then
BNS.jpg

Now
BNS1.jpg

BMO

Then
BMO.jpg

Now
BMO2.jpg

Rainbow Tunnel , everybody has seen this driving up the D.V.P.
[video=facebook;242081525812871]http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=242081525812871&oid=3395185011&comments&set=o.3395185011&type=1[/video]

Last edited:
Off Lawrence just east of the Don Valley Parkway the city have fixed up Charles Sauriol park with new bridges and paved pathway's and of course the Rainbow Tunnel. My wife told me about a tarzan swing she used to play on so we went on the hunt for it. Never been there in my life and was really impressed.

[video=facebook;242669069087450]http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=242669069087450&oid=3395185011&comments&set=o.3395185011&type=1[/video]

Last edited:
Gotta love the new graffiti. Bloody sacks of shit. Check out this a-hole swimming in Woodcliff Pond (Just north of Lawrence, west of the GO Tracks). Sounds like a bright guy. He should be charged as he's been hanging around Moccasin Trail Park, Charles Sauriol, ripping up plants for 'party space' and planting his own vegetable seeds.

[video=youtube;_-Aw_jc8ef4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-Aw_jc8ef4[/video]

Hmmm.....I don't think Betty Draper would have worn this to go to market (great pic!):

IMG_4332.jpg

I agree, this a creative, stylish and wonderful picture. The local Metro near my place has been offering a choice of paper or plastic bags lately; feels very retro to see those old paper bags again.

thoughts

Over time, the built environment became much less banal but has also lost its design cohesion and detailing. Plenty of examples of typical Canadian misproportioned replacement windows.

Don Mills has grown up and the houses and townhouses are well built. It still has a community feel about it which is hard to find in a lot of areas of the city.

Brewster: This is a quite interesting set of before and after pictures...the before being the late 50s/early 60s era...

Just the foliage changes alone makes things look better compared to earlier days...

I especially like the two "comparison" pictures of the attractive lady in black and white
outside the supermarket-I can't help notice her legs and that interesting loaf of bread...

...and the bearded young man in the yellow shirt and shorts outside his car in the 70s-that looks to be a Triumph TR6 I believe?

LI MIKE

Last edited:

Back